Native editing of EX files in FCP - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 10th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #46
Major Player

You can also just go to the files and drag them in.
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moreau View Post
You need to use the FCP "Import" or the "Import Folder" file/menu or the control/right click menu in the browser. Then navigate to the .MP4 files for individual imports or the folder containing the .MP4 files.
Thank you for your suggestion but I tried that and when I inserted the file into the timeline and hit play, I received an error message similar to the one you might get if a clip required rendering, although, the usual colored (un-rendered) bar was absent. This response caused me to suspect that Calibrated Q was not working properly.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #48
Major Player

There are quite a few variables to troubleshoot.

The Calibrated plugin is a quicktime plugin, and if it's installed it's in /Library/Quicktime/CalibratedMP4EXQ.component (and there's another one as well, I think 2 calibrated components are installed there.)

If those components are there (you could try restarting your computer if they are)

If you use Quicktime Player to try to play the .MP4 file (the demo version truncates any clip to 30 seconds) what happens? If it plays in QT then just try playing the clip in FCP's viewer, rather from a sequence. If that plays fine then it could be that your sequence isn't set up the same as your clip.

Hope this helps.
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds