New to EX1R - Issues already / Help? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 10th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: New to EX1R - Issues already / Help?

Seems to me as we are being encouraged to buy "based upon reputation" that we should know who the seller is. The "not my problem' comment with the camera sitting for a year is as important to me as "this might be a normal camera problem" defensive comment. I am getting ready to acquire some equipment. It would be great to know who I am dealing with. Not trying to cause mud slinging, but you can't protect identities and then say, "we depend upon reputation".
Tim Paynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2015, 07:21 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
Bumping this after a few months to say I'm getting identical issues with the LCD sensor board as described in this thread. It will happen randomly as the LCD is being opened. I guess this is a side effect of having a camera that's 700hrs operation time and closing in on 3 years old.
Not sure it's such a simple equation. My old EX1 has exhibited none of the LCD symptoms at 7 years old and closing in on 1900 hours - and it still gets its share of use whenever I need multiple cameras.
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2015, 02:00 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Just a bump to this thread, I've sent my camera in to have that board replaced. As I was sending it in, my camera stopped exhibiting said symptoms. Not taking any chances though, for it is most likely the previous owner of the camera in this thread had something identical happen where it happened once or twice, but then he ignored it after it went away, leading to issues for the buyer.

It's going to cost me $270CAD to get it fixed.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2015, 03:23 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Good news... It's now only gonna cost me ~$200 after taxes.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds