X180 firmware v3.00, menu speed is FAST! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 19th, 2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Trustee

X180 firmware v3.00, menu speed is FAST!

My camera returned from Sony service with v3.00 firmware installed, which includes a bunch of useful new features. You can now edit and add live streaming destinations from the menu, where before, you had to use the cell phone or PC Memories thing. Best of all, the menu lag is now gone, you get what you want the moment you press or toggle something! The boot up time is still 11 seconds though from powered off state.

I am hoping that in the next firmware update, they include a means of making the banner displays LARGER, and perhaps longer in duration, maybe even full screen? I can't tell you how hard it is to know how to expose without the gain value being displayed over my vision upon setting change! I used to expose by the VF, but now I rely on that banner for all exposure evaluations. :)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: X180 firmware v3.00, menu speed is FAST!

Menu lag disappearing? That's great news, cause the FS7 is notorious for menu lag and I'm hoping future firmware updates fix this.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: X180 firmware v3.00, menu speed is FAST!

Yeah, only took them a few revisions and about a year for the X180. :)

It's nice to be able to bang through menu selections without the old associated 4-5 second delay per item! Change SLS or shutter speed....no problem, click click click done.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds