Nightmare with Amazon.com's "associate" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM   #16
Major Player

Mike,
I believe you are absolutely correct about protection from the scam artists. I withdraw all my "tongue-in-cheek" suggestions as it was only meant in jest anyway. Perhaps a disclaimer statement that the opinions expressed are of the contributor and do not reflect the opinions or policy of the management or sponsors of the forum. Otherwise, it's business as usual and buyer beware.
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks for ALL the replies. You guys are great. I am a newbie and so I didn't realize that this scam was so common.

When you go to amazon.com and look for an item and then amazon.com says that they don't stock it, but one of thier associates do, then you trust them! Or so I thought.

I have talked to my credit card company and have taken care of that. So I am safe, BUT I am still puzzled as to why a company like that would do such a thing. What do they have to gain? Obviously they were adamant to charge me another $500 one way or another, whether it be for worthless "filters" or an included "battery and charger". I don't think anyone would agree to that! So they wouldn't get any customers this way anyway. So why the hell would they play this stupid game and waste everyone's time? Does it really work for them???

Oh well, looks like I won't be getting an VX2100 for $1799 after all :(
Hse Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #18
Regular Crew

P.S. I know B&H is very reputable and one of the sponsors, but thier price of $2400 is out of my reach... I guess that is the lowest price for one of these, huh? Maybe I will wait for the new HiDef 1080i VX3000 ! ! ! :)
Hse Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
I have talked to my credit card company and have taken care of that. So I am safe, BUT I am still puzzled as to why a company like that would do such a thing. What do they have to gain? Obviously they were adamant to charge me another $500 one way or another, whether it be for worthless "filters" or an included "battery and charger". I don't think anyone would agree to that! So they wouldn't get any customers this way anyway. So why the hell would they play this stupid game and waste everyone's time? Does it really work for them???
Oh yes it works very well as those people and others like them have been in business for many years. I remember their ilk from 30 years ago when I was into still photography.

But you might be able to buy a VX2000 for that price.

One way to do save money is to email some of the reputable companies. B&H regularly sells their demo stock. Ask them what they've got.

Could be they have a demo 2100 that they'd be willing to sell.

They will deal.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business