Annual Insurance... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Annual Insurance...

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend an insurance company for annual general liability insurance for my small company? That way I can get city/county permits all year long, etc.

Thanks!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Annual Insurance...

I found it difficult to get insurance locally because most insurers could not conceptualize what I do, so they just quoted me high rates. I ended up going with Techinsurance.com. The rates were half of what anyone else quoted me. I'm paying about $800 per year.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Insurance in this business as in all businesses is critical. I have a general liability and then detail gear insurance with Travelers that goes beyond what Zurich for my liability and basic gear coverage.

Read in detail what is covered and do not skimp. Get an agent you trust and have them go over in detail. Yes it is boring but not if it comes to a claim. In the crazy world we live you can loose it all quickly if you are not covered properly, do not do it just on price.
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Major Player

Check with your agent but you'll generally fit under or a "broadcasting - radio or TV station" listing.
Old September 10th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #5
Major Player

Like Paul, I went with Traveler's through my regular insurance agent that handles homeowner's, auto, life, business liability. My agent is an independent agent who deals with a number of the insurance companies.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business