Best places to sell HD footage! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:35 PM   #16
Major Player

another stock footage site

Another site for you guys. Saw it posted here on Dvinfo, do a search for the posting.

Pond5.com is by one of the members here. I haven't tried them but it seems pretty interesting in the way the royalty distribution is done. You get 50% of the commission of the sale and you keep the rights to your clips. The site seems to be based out of Oregon.
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #17
Trustee

All this time I been looking for an excellent place to sell my footage have brought me to 3 good places since I had to dump one of them off my list because they want full rights to the footage and pay very little. I could try both and do a report on it. I think my information would be very helpful to a lot of people.

John Kang,
I appreciate the help you are giving me.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; April 24th, 2006 at 03:19 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wakeham
I wonder if their isn't any commission based sites out they. They showcase a sample and when they sell it you get a percentage and the host site gets a percentage. That would be neat I think and a good resource.
Well there is:
www.MotionZoneHD.com
only HD footage.

720p, 1080 24p,30p,60i

The shooter makes $75 from a $129 720 clip
and $85 from a $149 1080 clip.
We are always looking for fresh, exciting footage to sell!
New clips are going up everyweek.
We have Sony, Canon, JVC & Panasonic camera owners submitting footage. Even have a few Cine-Alta and VariCam owners on board! Plus we are even getting some awesome sports footage shot on 16MM & 35MM in soon!
Just go to our site and register as a shooter to learn more!
Thanks
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #19
Major Player

Has anyone tried selling their footage on their own website? I see Yahoo has 'Merchant starter kit' with a shopping cart function.

The downside is now you're in the stock footage biz, which could eat up a lot of time. The upside is if you sell enough, you're getting a higher slice of the pie.
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #20
Trustee

I've sold HD stock footage on my old website. I'm currently working on a site to sell my HD stock footage. I specialize in North American predators and have been expanding to include predators from around the world as other nature and lansdcape footage.

Because of the rarity in most of these shots, they are all rights managed. But we've had allot of interest and have been doing quite well and our website isn't even up yet. :)

Lucky for me, I have a business partner that loves to market so she handles all the office work and leave me to shoot the footage. It works quite well.
Attached Thumbnails
Best places to sell HD footage!-porky.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business