Ridiculous Job Offers / Demands!! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Modest Deferred payment?....what?

Name talent, must this, must that......

Need great camera person - who is both people of color friendly and gay friendly - to shoot behind the scenes footage & interveiws on the set of a feature length movie shooting in xxxxxxx during the month of Feb. You'll have access to sets during shoots, h&mu, wardrobe, etc. - all the stuff that goes into the making of a movie. Plus you'll be responsible for principle actor interviews - that means standard doc/interview framing, lighting, and quality audio capture (lavs). You MUST be professional and able to handle yourself around name talent, both personally and technically - we cannot stress this enough.

We prefer DVX100a / 24AP shooters. Your footage will be bundled into promotional screeners and may well be used in a master DVD released for home distribution. A modest day rate will be deferred, but you should know that this movie and your footage will see the light of day. Therefore, this job is perfect for an accomplished student who is looking to improve their reel and make connections for the longterm. Can't go into all the irons in the fire at this point. Suffice it to say, we're really busy and we're all about bringing talented people along.
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #32
Slash Rules!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

That's my BS radar. Deferred = me not working on it.

By the way, looks like we can cuss in this forum?
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #33
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Beep! Beep! Beep!

That's my BS radar. Deferred = me not working on it.

By the way, looks like we can cuss in this forum? -->>>

---- yes! I don't give a ----.

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE BY MODERATOR.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:24 PM   #34
Regular Crew

"No amateurs to edit my show for $25-$60 per show"

It is interesting how most of the demanders out there can't spel very wel

"Looking for aspiring Film Editors, students, producers, etc. I am in need a an editor for a new hip hop entertainment television show airing on a local XXX network. The show airs independent and national artists footage from behind the scene. The show has a good lineup of artist for the first season and is looking to sydicate in 2 other markets as early as the summer.

The job doesn't pay well at first but has the potential to pay more as the show grows. Currently the pay is just $25-60 per episode editted + school credit if needed. This will be a weekly thing. We are also in need of a hot editor to make the intro and commercial as well. We are leaning more towards someone that will serve as an intern and possible get credit from their school. EXPIERIENCE A MUST. No AMETEURS ACCEPTED YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A DEMO OF YOUR WORK. If this is you please contact me immediately. I will not train anyone. You must have the capabilities to edit the video yourself and just mail it to me, or I can pick it up. You will be given full credit on the show as editor"
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #35
Slash Rules!

Here you go, children:

"We are shooting a 35mm music video for a major label Hip Hop Artist
on Monday the 31st of January. What we need are production assisstants to
aid in the 1 day film shoot.

Not much in the realm of compensation, however, if your a film/ communication
student you may recieve a copy to use for your reel. This will definitely look
good on your resume."

I like it 'cause it tells you they have a substantial budget AND they're screwing you.
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Now don't get mad at me Josh because I like your wise crack comments and contributions to this and all threads. But, they aren't really demanding too much in that post. Yes, they can afford 35mm and can't pay for labor but they are up front about the job and the pay and not very demanding. The problem with posts in general is you never know what is going to happen until you get to the set even if the post was positive and promised alot. But that's another thread. What frustrates me the most is when people demand specific skills and gear for a project but have no budget. You must have this, you must have that....but I can't pay you kind of thing. I've had to force myself not to post a couple of borderline posts that were just not demanding or rediculous enough.
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM   #37
Regular Crew

This is great!

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=38696
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:57 PM   #38
Obstreperous Rex

Speaking of bad spelling...

"ridiculous"

...that's with an i

...is the fact that this thread is the one most likely to get shut down. Teetering on the brink, you clowns!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:13 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Oooh, you got me! Hee haw, hee haw! Ha, ha, ha!! Please don't shut this thread down. We need this kind of comic relief as ridiculous as it is. It's sort of like The O'Reilly Factor's most ridiculous item of the day.
Old February 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Hmmm, funny, I offered to go to Germany and work just for beer. Not a single German answered back. I mean that is pretty cheap isn't it? I'll even learn the language if needed. But now I want a signed autograph from Franke Potente in addition to the beer. And if I can get her phone number, I'll buy my own beer.

any takers? Ich sprecken eine kliene deutsch, I think. With a southern German drawl of course.
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #41
Regular Crew

"Looking to save some money....."

"Production crew looking for four 24p cameras to rent for $50 a day. We have a lot of projects lined up from proms to weddings, and looking to save some money. Over 15-20 nights of production estimated so thats an easy thousand for you. If you are a camera man with your own camera we can pay you to work also. Just email me with your resume. If you want to rent out your camera please call me and leave me a message. xxx.xxx.xxxx. Ask for xxxxxxxxx"
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #42
Trustee

You think that's bad...my girlfriend expects me to do the dishes for FREE every night!! Can you believe that?!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Okay, here's one I just received today:

"I am seeking an experienced camera operator crew. There is no pay, but credit will be given. We will be traveling around the states and future pay or compensation may/may not, depending on the outcome of the first event, come into the production at a later date when traveling becomes a neccessity. It will require many weekends of work so only the seriously dedicated need apply. You also need to be efficient in editing. This will be a rather large event and the experience will be well worth the credit and whatever accomodations are earned throughout the project. This is our first production and have an extremely low budget. All crew members names will be mentioned at the end."
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Another desperate producer

From the authority himself: "The film is big and commercial enough to get full paying editor work......"

"Need editor for high powered, supernatural thriller xxxxxxxxx xxxx. There is no pay, however complete credit and co-producer credit will be granted. The film was completed spring of 2002. Funds ran out and I am stuck with incomplete post.

The film is big and commercial enough to get full paying editor work for any inspiring, or established editor looking for work but do not have a reel. Please call for complete details. xxxxxx xxxxx xxx.xxx.xxxx"
Old March 15th, 2005, 03:01 PM   #45
Inner Circle

$11/hour in MIDTOWN MANHATTAN for a Video Editor!!!!!

TITLE OF POSITION: Video Editor

Position Overview:
Multivision is looking for a Video Editor to join our New York Production team. This position is responsible for all facets of production and productivity for the office. The fully qualified candidate will have a strong media production background and will drive quality across all initiatives. Starting salary is $11 per hour (non-negotiable), and the position includes company paid training, benefits (medical and dental, 401k) and paid time off.

Focus and major areas of accountability:

* Ensure that all orders, video transfers, tape changes, and market sweeps are done in a timely manner
* Communicate with other departments effectively
* Maintain equipment and troubleshoot failures
* Edit and distribute media in a variety of formats to clients
* Produce all products in accordance with Multivision’s standard of excellence
* Maintain positive and effective working relationship with co-workers

Key deliverables:

* Fulfill all client orders in a timely manner.
* Proactively reduce recording quality issues by effective management of equipment.
* Key experience and characteristics:
*Digital video editing experience
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
* Dependable, responsible and detail oriented
* Must be able to prioritize tasks based on urgency and management guidance
* Must have excellent grammar, spelling and typing skills
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business