DV-info members average age? - Page 49 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old September 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #721
Regular Crew

47 and starting to feel it...lol....just very glad the cameras are getting lighter!!!!
Roy Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #722
Major Player

twenty six; been in photography/video work since i was 20.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #723
Regular Crew

just turned 60, but still feel like 25 most days..been shooting since I was 20. And don't forget, inside every old person is a young person wondering what the f**k happened!
John Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:47 AM   #724
Trustee

42 here, and feel like Im learning more every day Im on here, if my calculations are correct Ill know everything there is to know about video and photography by the time I'm 1349.........
and a half.
:)
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #725
Regular Crew

I'm 55 and just lately I've started to realise it. That thing that I used to do all night now takes me all night to do, my eyes are on their third or fourth prescription for specs, paddling 4 or 5 kilometres in the kayak is still easy but the muscles now hurt the next day, If I look at the naked Missus, then open the 'fridge and spot a beer, the beer will win. Sad, isn't it?

Cheers

Russ
Russell Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #726
New Boot

I'm 63 and sittin' back and enjoyin' life! A little fishing, playing with the grandkids, and lazing away the days on the back porch. And then there are the... Uhmm, what's happening??? I'm hallucinating!!!

Yes, I'm 63. But I'm not sitting on my tush in my advanced years. I'm a contract software developer who specializes in designing Data Warehouse (big database) systems. I still work 60-80 hours a week and rarely have a free moment. I definitely can't complain about the income and I have people constantly trying to hire me (a nice ego boost), but I wish I had more time to take pics and videos.

When I'm not working or remodeling the bathroom (a "modest" project), I spend a little time with my photo/videos pastime. Currently I'm editing a video project for my wife's Aikido dojo. Marianne is 67 and is one belt away from a black belt. (Yes, I'm very proud of her. And if you say one bad word about her, I'll kick... uhmm... I'll get Marianne to kick the crap out of you! :-) )

When the new Panasonic GH2 comes out late this year, I'm probably going to buy one and maybe a Marantz PMD661 (Oade Bros. Super Mod) for audio. (It would be great to retire my Nikon D70 and Canon HV30.) OTOH, if I could find even the slightest justification, I'd jump all over the new Panasonic AF100! One must dream, you know.

One thing I've learned in the last 60-some years is that we need to accept who we are and roll with it. When I was young, I was a geek. But I tried to deny it and make like I was "cool". Over the past several decades, I've learned to accept my innate geekness. I'm a lot happier and satisfied now. It embarrasses the heck out of my stepson, but that's his problem! :-)

Regards,

Dan.
Dan Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM   #727
Sponsor: JuicedLink

45 ... going on 29 ...
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM   #728
Major Player

Turned 71 in February.

In pretty good shape. Started to do some of my own wildlife video two years ago, but realized I had a lot to learn still. Spent a year learning the software and practicing with the camera. Recently acquired a nanoflash. Now I am trying to match the results of the pros -- that is a real challenge! Looking forward to my first real season of trying to put together some wildlife material.

I figure I have another 20-25 years of fun video work left yet.
Alan
Alan Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #729
New Boot

21 and just beginning to work with video. (Also my first post.)
John Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #730
New Boot

You all seem pretty young to me. I am 67 going on 40. I travel every year for a couple of months and make a video of each trip. So far coverered all seven continents and about 80 countries. Been bitten by the video bug since 1995. Currently have three cameras and four computers. The youngsters are not the only tech savvy types around.

John A
John Q. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #731
Regular Crew

34, turning 35 in May
Caleb Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM   #732
New Boot

Re: DV-info members average age?

36 all of a sudden!
Trinity Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM   #733
Major Player

I'm 22, been shooting video since I was 16. Been a member here since I was 20.
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #734
Regular Crew

Ya'll are old. I'm 16...
Wendell Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #735
New Boot

One of your Golden Oldies. 75 and still trying to travel as much as possible capturing wildlife on canon xl hd1a. Been retired since 67 but thinking of going back to work again, I don't seem to have any spare time now I am retired!!!!!

Nice to see such a young entry ahead of mine. Wish him luck for the future.

greattree.
Nigel Eaton-Gray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood