Hello from Upstate New York - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 5th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #16
Tourist

Cool!

Do you belong to any groups (film related)? Do you have any projects in the oven? What do you use to film? Do you write? What do you use to edit? Sorry for the # of Q's, I just desire to talk to like minded people.
Joe Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:17 PM   #17
New Boot

Hello DVInfo from CNY

CNY... that's Central New York...

Thought it was a typo, eh? hehe

I'm Chris Van Patten, a filmmaker from Central New York State. It's relatively boring in the area, and I filmmaking is something that makes it more interesting.

At the moment I'm wrapping up preproduction on a short film that I directed titled "The Bet", based on Anton Chekhov's short story of the same name. It was filmed over 2 days (with a combo of a MiniDV cam and 2 HI-8 cams... all 1 CCD... hah).

The trailer is online by visiting
http://www.comitar.com/movies/thebet/t
http://youtube.com/w/The-Bet---Trailer?v=43FFWEUGnYU
http://www.vimeo.com/clip=39199
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...18424582229516

My goal is to make movies for the rest of my life and be financially successful enough to sustain myself so I can make more movies. I know its somewhat of a pipe dream, but I figure that the worst I can do is not try.

My experiences other than film include Website Design, Graphic Design (Photoshop is fun), music (trumpet and piano), and probably other things.

My current project, other than "The Bet" is an online video store, a la Google or iTunes.

Next... I'm really not sure. I know I want to acquire some decent equipment (1CCD isn't cutting it anymore), I'm coming up with concepts for a feature length (but I know I'll produce at least one more short), and doing some web site work for clients (it's a nice way to get cash to get equipment).

I'm pretty much here on DVInfo because I know there are plenty of areas (mainly... well... filmmaking) where I need to learn things. I can't wait to dig into the archives and read!

- Chris

Oh, I forgot, I'm 15. Bye for now.
Chris Van Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:41 PM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Van Patten
It's relatively boring in the area, and I filmmaking is something that makes it more interesting.
Welcome to DVinfo Chris! Hey, I lived in Central New York for many years - just sold my land and home this last fall in fact - and I never got too bored... there are some beautiful places up there. The winters are a little hard to handle though :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #19
Tourist

Howdy from Long Island. This is my neighborhood too.
Rey Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #20
Tourist

Hello from Auburn, New York.

Hello,

For the last two years I have put in a lot of time researching digital video systems. Then, I find this site, and in three weeks time I end up with FAR more information then the two years fumbling around in the dark!

So I am very grateful to be able to draw upon such a wealth of real world experience and really feel like I finally have a good grasp on what it is that I need!

Thanks to all of you.

John Schmidt
Auburn, NY

Last edited by John Schmidt; May 17th, 2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling
John Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #21
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo John.... from a former resident of Cayuga County :-) Just sold my house and land in Sterling, NY a couple years ago.

Glad we've been able to help, let us know what kind of gear you buy and how you use it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM   #22
Tourist

Hello from Utica, New York

Hello Everyone, My Name is Tom Wszalek. I am the owner of TW Video Productions based here in Utica, a small city located in the beautiful upstate New York area known as the Mohawk Valley
The wealth of information and knowledge I have been able to get from all the postings about FCP and the HVX200 has been very helpful.
This site has become my main source for information about my Panasonic HVX200 Camera, as well as where I come to look for answers to my Final Cut Pro questions as well.
Thanks again Everyone for all your helpful information.
Thomas Wszalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM   #23
RED Code Chef

Hi Thomas, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #24
Regular Crew

John,

I'm from Auburn as well. However I now live in Buffalo attending UB. I'm not sure if we've ever met or not seeing as Auburn isn't the biggest city in the world. Regardless its nice to see a neighbor here.

welcome
Nate Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Hey John, good to see somebody else close by.

P.S. Boyd my father lives in Sterling, maybe you've met some of my family?
Benjamin Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Tourist

Hi, My name is Warren Cook from New York State about 90 miles northwest of NYC along the Delaware River on the Pennsylvania border.
I'm just retiered 5 months and getting into videography. My love is wildlife and nature videos and aviation videos. I have a few videos of aircraft on www.flightlevel350.com.

At present I have a Sony DCR-TRV340 with a 25X zoom and a 2X tele conversion lens. My plan is to get a Cannon XL2 next spring and I'll be able to use my EOS 100 to 400 zoom on it.

Right now I'm putting together a video of the different kinds of wildlife and the natural beauty of the county that I live in.
Warren Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Hi Warren...........

Wow, must have one heck of a set of sticks/ head under that rig?

Whatever, welcome to DVinfo. Enjoy and soak in the info.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #28
RED Code Chef

Hi Warren, welcome aboard DV Info Net, it's good to have you with us!

Good luck with your video,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood