Howdy from Big D -- Dallas, Texas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:16 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info. Kim. It's funny you mention ECI, they just did a really big job for me at work (Denton County). Great bunch of people, the system they installed for me is pretty awesome. I wasn't aware of the other places you mentioned, I'll definitely check them out. Thanks.
Bobby Abernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Jacques Star is here!

Hey guys,

I'm a freelancer based out of Dallas.

If you're in the Texas area, let me know.

Check out my website, and tell me what you think:

www.jacquesstarvideo.com
Jacques Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #18
Wrangler

Hi Jacques,

Maybe you'll remember me from the Majecstic Theater concert shoot we worked together. I was the XL-2 guy on camera #1 at center mezzanine level.

Welcome to DVINFO. It's a great forum with a lot of talented folks.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Great to hear from ya!

Greg,

How've you been? It's good to see some familiar faces on this site.

I just got back from shooting a documentary on lasers in San Francisco...

Any interesting projects you've been working on? How's the XL2 working out?

(I finally bought a DSR390, and it works great!)

cheers,
Jacques Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:38 AM   #20
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard DVInfo.net Jacques! Good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #21
New Boot

Hello from Big D, Texas

Hi everyone. I'm a 16 year old, High School Student who has just entered the world of filming and I'm quite enjoying the hobby and I hope to make it more than just a hobby in the future. I am a 'seasoned' photographer, knowing all the technical aspects and many theories how to deliver a sucessful shot, I hope all this information will help me understand filming. Great to be in this forum. Apreciate all the help.
Long Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #22
Regular Crew

whats up Long? I used to live in Dallas...(i think thats the 'big D' your referring to) but now im in Beaumont which is in southeast Texas. Welcome to the forum. Were supposed to be having a texas meet and greet sometime soon, so look out for that. This board is full of great information so if information is what your looking for, then you've come to the right place my man.
Old September 8th, 2005, 12:28 PM   #23
New Boot

Another Big D, TX Amateur Videographer On the Map

My name is Kurirai, currently residing in Desoto. I'm working on a few things. Got my first wedding video assignment...THIS WEEKEND! I've just successfully acquired a Canon XL1s from a fellow forum member, Mr. Joseph Benoit. What a guy!! The best communication ever received for an internet transaction. Even better than Ebay. Thanks for the XL1s Joseph! She goes to work Saturday!

When I'm done editing, I'd like to post it here for review. I love this site and am glad I found it. I wil be referencing it frequently.

Kurirai Adamson
Kurirai Adamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #24
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Kurirai, good to have you with us! Enjoy your beautiful camera
and good luck with the shooting!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #25
Major Player

Howdy, Kurirai

There are several DFW-area DVIers around here, but honestly most seem insanely busy and don't post too terribly often. I've only been on DVI less than 6 months myself, and I'm up to my friggin' eyeballs in work! I'm hoping that one day, someone will put together a DFW-area "get together" so that folks can sit around, chew the fat, and talk shop. I'd love to organize something like that myself, but I just don't have the time; between my "real" job and evenings/weekends spent shooting & editing video, I'm probably working in excess of 70 hours a week.

But I certainly would take a break from it all for an informal gathering of DFW area DVIers. Maybe someday we'll be able to meet in some kind of similar circumstance.

:-)

- Duane
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:26 AM   #26
New Boot

DFW resources

Howdy Duane & Kurirai,

Glad to see other DFW videographers here. My company, PixelPops Design, is located in Richardson, TX.

There are several local video groups here in the DFW area that you may be interested in. One that I highly recommend is the Dallas Ft. Worth Professional Videographers Association (http://www.dfwpva.com) which meets the 1st Tuesday of each month in Grapevine. There are about 75 members, some newer to video production and some who have been fulltime professionals for years. The emphasis is on wedding & event video though many members do corporate work as well. The members are very willing to share ideas and help each other out. Come visit if you have a chance.
Old September 11th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #27
Major Player

Russ - I've actually seen both your website and the DFW-PVA website before. To be honest, the DFW-PVA didn't interest me much since it seemed to be so wedding-intensive, and I don't know anything about weddings (short of my own marraige-LOL!). But I might stop by a meeting someday.

Thanks for the heads-up. :-)
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #28
Tourist

Howdy!

I'm in Dallas (east, by the lake) and would be very interested in meeting other DV geeks in the area. These are exciting times in DV production, and Dallas is a BIG market with lots of work. I've done a few DV projects, although my background is in web design/development.

The tools you can get on the desktop these days are out of this world! I worked at a post house in Minneapolis in 1996 and remember with fondness the imedia workstation, my first NLE experience.

I hope that xl1s is earning it's keep!

Happy shooting, and stay warm! (time sensitive inside joke)
Jeremy Kleindl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kleindl
Happy shooting, and stay warm! (time sensitive inside joke)
Hey now...the weather has actually warmed up the past couple of days. It's getting to be more like Texas again. ;-)

Also, I'm just east of White Rock Lake myself. Actually, I'm SE in the Casa Linda neighborhood. Heck, we should get together at the coffee shop sometime and talk shop.

:-)
Old November 12th, 2005, 05:40 PM   #30
New Boot

Remember that first assignment I told you about?...

Hi folks. Sorry there hasn't been any posting lately.
That first video assignment I told you about has come and gone. I finished it within 16 days after initial shooting. Would you like to see it?

You must promise me one thing...DON'T LAUGH, NOD YOUR HEAD, or SIGH IN GRIEF!

http://www.adamsonmedia.com/DickersonHighlight.wmv

Thanks for at least looking...

Kurirai
Kurirai Adamson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood