Howdy from Big D -- Dallas, Texas - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old April 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #46
New Boot

There's going to be an all day event at the Richardson Civic Center on Friday May 19th called Texas Production Roundup. Maybe that would be a good opportunity for the Dallas DVi gang to hook up. The event is sponsored by Dallas Producers Association and the DFW branch of MCA-I and will have displays and seminars from major manufacturers (Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Apple, Avid) as well as local/regional production suppliers.
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #47
Major Player

Ugh....I'm going on a shoot in Oklahoma that weekend. I'm scheduled to leave on the 19th around noon, dangit! I just won't be able to squeeze the event in that morning; got too many ducks to line up for the shoot.

Poop. :-(
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Jolly
There's going to be an all day event at the Richardson Civic Center on Friday May 19th called Texas Production Roundup. Maybe that would be a good opportunity for the Dallas DVi gang to hook up. The event is sponsored by Dallas Producers Association and the DFW branch of MCA-I and will have displays and seminars from major manufacturers (Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Apple, Avid) as well as local/regional production suppliers.
Russ, what companies will be there?? I need to join the DPA.
Thanks
Mike Schrengohst
www.MotionZoneHD.com
Mike Schrengohst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #49
Wrangler

I am flying back from Kansas City on the 19th. Don't know if I will have time to get over there cause I have a gig that night in Coppell. All depends on what flight I get.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #50
New Boot

Here's a link with more info on the Texas Production Roundup Friday May 19th in Richardson:

http://www.dallasproducers.org/roundup/

I want to catch the XDCAM HD presentation and I may pop in and out a couple of times for different seminars as my studio is just down the street. Maybe we'll see some of the DFW DVi crowd there. Let me know if you're planning on going.
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #51
Regular Crew

New Small Jib & REMOTE HEAD

I've just purchased a PT-20 Camera Turret Remote head for cameras up to 20 lbs.
Primarily I plan to use it on my Pro Am 12' jib (see attached pics) and it works just fine.
If any of the local DV Network people need to use it I can arrange a small rental fee for it (if I'm not using it of course).
After months of research I am impressed with the operation of the unit. It's quiet, easy to learn and set up and will fit 90% of all existing cranes/jibs on the market without drilling more holes in your equipment.
With my unit it is stressed a bit but with practice and smooth moves the video is still very smooth. My little jib isn't rated but for 10-12 lbs and with the PT-20 unit (6lbs.) and my XL2 stripped down (8lbs.) it's nearing the 'stretch/weight' limit of what my little jib will do!
But I wanted to let the Dallas boys know that it's here if they would like to use it.
Pat
Pat Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #52
Regular Crew

Also in McKinney

I am also in the Dallas area (McKinney). All of us Dallas area folks should get together sometime.
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #53
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vystrcil
I am also in the Dallas area (McKinney). All of us Dallas area folks should get together sometime.
Agree, Scott. We have a lot of members from the metroplex area, myself included. It would also be good if it coincided with Chris Hurd's schedule so that he could join us.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #54
Major Player

Count me in pardners'!!
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Agree, Scott. We have a lot of members from the metroplex area, myself included. It would also be good if it coincided with Chris Hurd's schedule so that he could join us.

-gb-
That would be great. It would be nice to meet the man who go all this started.
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Scott Vystrcil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Hi all,
My name Cuong Dinh. I live in Dallas. Count me in.

Cuong Dinh
http://www.cuongdinhvideo.com
Everything in HDV
Cuong Dinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Howdy!! I see no activity in this thread in recent times. Not sure if there are any members from Dallas or thereabout. I am from north Dallas(Richardson/Plano) and will be moving to Irving soon. Anyone from Dallas, Plano, Irving, Arlington, Fortworth etc?
Srinivas Swaminathan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood