Steadycam operator in Portland, OR? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 24th, 2003, 02:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Steadycam operator in Portland, OR?

Hey I was just wondering If there are any Steadycam operators w/ lol the Steadycam hehe. I dont have the money nor the time for one of my own. Anyways just wondering.

Rob:D
Robert Poulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 02:34 AM   #2
Wrangler

Robert:

What level of the Steadicam are you looking for...if it's professional operators, check the Steadicam Operator's Association website .
Old March 24th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Yah Those look nice. Hehe reminds me of someguy wanting a exotic car and buying a toyota. Anyways I will have to call to ask them about their services. thanks Charles. It would be great to have them come in and help with shooting. It would make things easier, but wow talk about the gear and everything these guys got the setup. I'm going to be doing my film with the XL1s. Can those steadycams work with any camera? I mean in watching one guys video it seems like its just a heavy lifter, but I guess you can remove the weights.

Robert Poulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 04:21 AM   #4
Wrangler

Robert:

It's possible to use the XL1 on a full-size Steadicam, yes...we just add weight to the camera platform. Since we are used to carrying a certain amount of mass on our rigs, it's not much of an issue unless you are planning to shoot extended periods of time in a continuous fashion.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:23 PM   #5
New Boot

Hey Robert, I shoot stedicam in Portland, Oregon. I use a Glidecam V8 with my XL-1s. It works MARVELLOUSLY. My XL-1s has the B&W hidef monitor, the 16x manual/servo lens and various little odds and ends that bring it in at about 10 lbs. I shoot it on stedi with a 7" Starvision LCD monitor. I also use the low mount to shoot ground follows, and I have the auto mount to shoot from cars, trucks or whatever. On sticks I use a Libec ls-50, it's a fantastic tripod for my rig at less than 1500.00 US. I just finished a feature on DV and the Stedi shots are the rave.
Lamce Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Lamce,
Sounds like your having fun. hehe.
This short film will be shot on at PSU during the end of August, the 23- 25. There will be several shots that would gain from the use of steadicam. I have 4 shots that I was thinking of having as steadicam shots. Seeing that this project is going to be put into festivals and not for profit, everyone will be working for free (food will be payed for). I would enjoy talking to you more about this if your interested. You can email me at rpoulton@hotmail.com or just call me at 503.282.4597.

Thanks for your interest.

Robert Poulton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood