using hi-hat with bogen 503/525mvb at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 9th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Major Player

using hi-hat with bogen 503/525mvb

ok so i have the bogen 503/525mvb combo

i want to use a hi-hat.

i guess this setup has a 75mm half bowl.

what hi-hat will work with this?

the handle the lets you move around the bowl setup for balance seems too long to clear the board under the hi-hat.
has anyone used a setup like this? any suggestions?

any hi-hat recommendations?

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:19 AM   #2
Manfrotto Product Manager

Manfrotto just released a new hi-hat at IBC to complement their full range of heads. Images and imformation are still being uploaded to the manfrotto.com website, but the code for the hi-hat is 529B. In addition, Manfrotto is also introducing shorter head locking handles so you can use your 503 on a hi-hat. The codes are 500BALLS (100mm) and 520BALLS (75mm). Your tripod is a 75mm bowl.

As soon as I have a link to the hi-hat images I will post it here for you. As with all the Manfrotto products, Bogen Imaging (www.bogenimaging.us) will be the importer of the hi-hat.

Marc Schotland
Manfrotto
Marc Schotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:22 AM   #3

Albeit a few weeks later than I thought, below is a link to some information on the new Manfrotto Hi-Hat.

http://www.bogenimaging.us/product/templates/itemalone.php3?itemid=2915

Marc Schotland
Manfrotto
Old December 30th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #4
Major Player

that looks great, 2 questions, can it be used with the 503? only the 501 is listed and how would you mount it to a board?

matthew
Old December 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #5
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Matthew de Jongh : that looks great, 2 questions, can it be used with the 503? only the 501 is listed and how would you mount it to a board?
-->>>

Look again. The 503 is also listed in the 3rd line.

Nice thing this Manfrotto product, but you can't really call it a hi-hat. You can't wear it!

Perhaps we can call it a trip-hat or a hi-trip, or some other combination. We should make a list...

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Major Player

ok i must be blind and stupid, i could have sworn it listed 501 instead, the typo must have been in my head instead.

anyway, how would you mount it to a board??

the timing of the new product release is great for me as i have been wanting to get a hihat and was trying to find one to fit my 503.

this one seems overly detailed so i imagine it has a lot of adjustment options vs. a typical single piece of steel model.

i'd love to see a brochure of one in various setups

matthew
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:45 AM   #7

>>ok i must be blind and stupid, i could have sworn it listed 501 instead, the typo must have been in my head instead.

Matthew, you're neither. There was a typo on the page early yesterday but it has since been corrected.

Each foot (the anodized red part) swivels and has a hole drilled through it so you can screw the hi-hat to a wooden surface. The feet are also rubber padded to protect any delicate surfaces.

There is no brochure yet but there are a lot of adjustment features. For example, the leg angles can be individually adjusted so you can place the hi-hat on various uneven surfaces and this also allows you to get virtually on the ground (only limited by the lock-off handle to the head).

Marc Schotland
Manfrotto
Old December 31st, 2004, 02:36 PM   #8
Major Player

any idea before b&h etc. will have it in stock?

matthew
Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads