Something big for small cameras coming from Sachtler? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Something big for small cameras coming from Sachtler?

Now if they will come out with a carbon fiber version......
Stephen Sobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Sobel View Post
Now if they will come out with a carbon fiber version......
Yes. I'd be interested in that as well. For some of what I want to do, weight matters. I'd be very interested in an carbon-fiber Ace.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #18
Regular Crew

The waiting was getting to me so I checked and B&H had it in stock so I ordered it. Scratched my head wondering where my in stock notification was. The in stock notification arrived after B&H had shipped mine to me???

Saw on another ace thread questions about the legs based on Philip Blooms review. Here is what he said in context "The sticks themselves are very good but not the greatest in the world, nor should they be at that price." For the money I'm happy. The head has a small eye for hanging up to 10kg which has always been a best practice for this type of tripod. The mid level spread can also benefit from a little 1kg or less of weight in some situations.

No big surprise it's smooth. As Philip Bloom says and I agree there is a jump between the resistance settings and less of a jump would be nice. But for the price I have no complaints and it's a huge improvement from my old Bogen. Nice moderately padded carry bag included. No doubt you can find better for more money but I think this is the quality leader at its price point.
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:55 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Tried the mid level spreader system today. The head was smooth like all sachtlers. The legs... well... the above post says it all. Good for the money - meaning compromises are made, and for good reason. Very lightweight setup.
Zexun Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads