DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   2 low cost HD field monitors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/129762-2-low-cost-hd-field-monitors.html)

Heath Vinyard February 5th, 2009 10:54 PM

Well, still no word on the smallHD monitor, so I went ahead and purchased a Mahattan LCD 8.9" today. It should be here sometime next week. I plan on using it on a gig 2 weeks from Saturday. I'll post when the shoot is over.

Dan Chung February 5th, 2009 11:15 PM

Word of caution guys, expect all these things to go up in price soon. Now is maybe a good time to buy while you can. The cost of the component parts of LCD monitors from China, Japan, Korea etc. is going to push prices higher as the $,£ and Euro fall.

Dan

Heath Vinyard February 6th, 2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Chung (Post 1007414)
Word of caution guys, expect all these things to go up in price soon. Now is maybe a good time to buy while you can. The cost of the component parts of LCD monitors from China, Japan, Korea etc. is going to push prices higher as the $,£ and Euro fall.

Dan

Good thing mine's on the way then. :)

Jamie Jewett February 6th, 2009 08:20 PM

any sense of date for smallHD?

Greetings Dale

I have to order in the next week

but through a university process (so add an additional week or two on to that)

any sense of a release date at this point?

would like to hang on and wait but a ball park time line would help

(last date I saw was in January...)

many thanks
Jamie Jewett

Trevor Meeks February 8th, 2009 01:24 AM

Hey everyone,

as you all can imagine, I'm sure Dale is extremely busy with the upcoming smallHD release, in which case he may not have much time to be on DVI. I'd suggest you guys email any questions for him to info@smallhd.com

Looking forward to the new release!

Bill Busby February 8th, 2009 04:09 AM

Trevor, do you think that was such a good idea?

Trevor Meeks February 8th, 2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 1008560)
Trevor, do you think that was such a good idea?

That info is published on their site and readily available. Again, I'm not sure if he will be able to respond since they're probably slammed, but peope can also sign up to be notified of any updates. The sign up is on the 2nd slide on their home page.

Cheers!

Christopher Witz February 8th, 2009 01:00 PM

over the past few weeks, I've called [smallhd], and emailed them numerous times and never heard a peep.... gave up.... and bought a NEBTEK. VERY happy with it.

Trevor Meeks February 8th, 2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Witz (Post 1008730)
over the past few weeks, I've called [smallhd], and emailed them numerous times and never heard a peep.... gave up.... and bought a NEBTEK. VERY happy with it.

you can always sell it when you see the new SmallHD! ;)

Christopher Witz February 11th, 2009 09:53 AM

I would if it had sdi hd and was at least 600nits

Anthony Lovell February 11th, 2009 01:40 PM

I have an EX1 and may get a monitor. What is the impact of not using one with SDI? Some of the monitors that have it as an option charge $300 for the feature!

tone

Anthony Lovell February 11th, 2009 01:45 PM

I have an EX1 and may get a monitor. What is the impact of not using one with SDI, and relying on component? Some of the monitors that have it as an option charge $300 for the feature, which seems extreme.

tone

Miklos Konczol February 22nd, 2009 07:45 AM

http://smallhd.com/

SmallHD.com - 8.9" High Definition - the DP1

waoooooooo I cant wait!!!

Trevor Meeks February 22nd, 2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos Konczol (Post 1016220)

pretty frickin' sweet huh. i'm really stoked, and it will be so worth the wait. such an amazing little piece of technology!

M. Paul El-Darwish February 22nd, 2009 11:20 PM

Yes, the panels are getting more expensive (even as BIG HDTV's fall in price). Grab what you need while you can. Manhattan LCD just got a decent batch of 8.9 finished monitors ready to go. They'll go fast.

They are just right for DOF/framing though I would not count on them for editing preview.