From VGA to BNC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 1st, 2007, 02:40 AM   #16
New Boot

Yes, I plugged in the power.
Do I need to be in P2 mode with a p2 plugged in (or firestore) in order for the camera to be sending out a signal through the component out? It seems as though I should get a signal just with power on in standby.

I thought that I would try to troubleshoot by bypassing the mayflash. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps a cable (D4 or something) that will get me from comp out to the 20-pin VGA plug that goes into the xenarc?

Last edited by Granville Hatcher; March 1st, 2007 at 02:42 AM. Reason: incomplete
Granville Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #17
Major Player

I ordered the vga001 and a mm400 screen (for the canon a1), so hopefully I'll soon be able to test this setup and see what my results will be...
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #18
Regular Crew

That would be great!
Where did you ordered your VGA001?? Cause I live in Belgium so the shipping will be the same!
Piet Deyaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #19
Major Player

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1d2s.html

They have very low shipping, and they were quite fast processing the order. I should have it shortly!
Steven Fokkinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Major Player

VGA has analog RGB running over a DB15 connector, but most HDTVs take YUV over the same DB15 connector. Converting between RGB and YUV is not incredibly difficult, but it does require amplifier circuitry.

The Xenarc does accept an RCA/component input that converts directly (with a straight-through adapter) to BNC or S-Video.

You can connect the BNC to the RCA input with a cheap adapter ~$5 at radio shack.
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #21
Tourist

bnc to vga

I am new to these boards, and I have a question. Maybe someone can help. I have an 8 channel DVR with BNC outputs. I need to connect the DVR to a flat screen monitor with only a VGA input. Where is the best place to buy a BNC to VGA converter?

Thanks
Wayne Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Dear Wayne,

Your question is hard to answer.

Could you please supply a model number and the manufacturer's name. A website for the manufacturer would be nice also.

I assume that your 8-Channel DVR is for video surveillance and you have 8 channels of video inputs via BNC connectors (and not 8 BNC outputs).

If you have BNC output, we need to know what signal is on the BNC output connector. It is probably "Composite".

So, we just need a little more info to answer your question.
Old August 31st, 2008, 01:09 PM   #23
Tourist

vga to bnc

Dan,

Your assumption is correct. There are 8 BNC inputs which all have cctv cameras attached. I believe the output is composite. I am not sure of the manufacturer. The customer bought this DVR off the internet. It could be "look see" dvr, although I don't believe the manufacturer would have much to do with it. This application should apply to any DVR that has multiple cameras connected and the user wants to view the output (bnc) on a vga monitor.

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Ok, So it appears that you have a composite output, on BNC.

It is easy and cheap to get a BNC to RCA adapter so that you can use any monitor that is capable of handling composite.

Your specific VGA monitor probably does not have a composite input.

So, you could get a new monitor or there may be a composite to VGA adapter. These may exist, but I have never searched for one. Maybe someone else knows.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software