"LA Passion", concept love story - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM  
"LA Passion", concept love story
Oleg Kalyan Oleg Kalyan is offline March 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM

On my blog, (If you'd be so kind to comment it, most of my blog in Russian, but I make it more international, besides, Eglish language is more sexy than Russian :)
???? ?????? - ????. - "L.A. Passion", Anne Barge wedding dress, Brian&Ina love story

just had a rough cut on it, please let me know what you think!
Google maps are our friends!

It's a mixed piece, video and photographs, some are taken with a film Contax G2 camera. Shot it in LA at the end of January,

L.A. Passion Love Story of Brian&Ina By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Oleg Kalyan
Major Player
Views: 3097
Old April 3rd, 2009, 07:51 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Hey, Oleg, I watched this like a week ago and thought I had commented on it. Sorry, buddy!

Anyways, I loved the editing in this. Great work, and not easy to pull off either. The use of additional audio (foley) was a nice touch too (like traffic noise and car tires squeeling, etc.). The concept was clever too.

I did notice that some of the coloring work wasn't consistent in all the shots. I also wasn't a fan of her licking his lips at the end. It just felt a bit to abrupt for the mood that had been set. That's just a subjective thing, though. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Enjoyed it!
Old April 7th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #17
Major Player

Travis, thank you for feedback, I plan to do some additional CC on the clip.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #18
Major Player

Great work! I loved the editing like everybody else said. I also like how you incorporated photographs in sequence along side of the video. I also felt like you did a good job setting the mood through lighting, and liked how you ended on a silhouette.

I too noticed some of the color was not consistent, but knowing that you are planning on some additional cc work takes care of that. Let us know when you have updated the video.

Nothing to do with your video, but your blog:
I see that you are on livejournal. Have you given any thought to moving over your blog to something like blog.yourwebsite.com that way you can watch the traffic and have more control over it than you currently do. I used to have my blog on a public site but couldn't be happier now that I am in full control of it.

Louis
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
Nothing to do with your video, but your blog:
I see that you are on livejournal. Have you given any thought to moving over your blog to something like blog.yourwebsite.com that way you can watch the traffic and have more control over it than you currently do. I used to have my blog on a public site but couldn't be happier now that I am in full control of it.

Louis
I'll second the advantages of running a blog on your own hosting service. Very handy to run your own google analytics, make chanes how & when you want. Etc. Hit me up. I'm a hosting provider so I can set up domains & blog installs (movable type, joomla, blogger, etc etc).
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Very nice shots. Great editing and the transitions were awesome.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the title appearing twice which I didn't like. The second title read, "LA Passion" then "Los Angeles" which was over kill. It felt like he was looking for her with the satellite photos almost tracking her down. Very cool, nice use of earth zoom from VCP.

The shots of the people in their cars was cool but dominated the clip. I'm getting married soon and I would love to have seen more in the clip. You proved you can capture some neat shots of people in cars, but I want to see more variety of shots and situations, especially because I probably wont want a similar car scene in my own wedding video. With that said you also showed that you are not just doing typical wedding videos which is very exciting to see.

As far as the lip licking.... if the bride wants to lick the grooms lips then so be it. After all its their story your telling.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #21
Major Player

Tom thank you for your feedback,
use of earth zoom came from some movies, that's a "modern" sign of gobal localization : )
I guess...
For sure car shots are done for style, expression of two people in a big metropolitan city, where they spend lots of time in cars. By no means it's a wedding video, it's a form of a Love story, that happens prior to a wedding or after it (in this case)

""I want to see more variety of shots and situations""

Sure, I wanted to do it "bigger", was limited on time, LAPD stopped the car, as I described, Ina got cold driving in convertible, didn't go to Santa Monica pier, instead ended up in a cafe.

Editing was done having available material, footage. Next time, I hope to make a similar piece in Moscow, try to be more explicit!
Cheers!
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #22
Major Player

Oleg, is the earth zoom stock footage? I've been looking for something like that for a whiel now.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #23
Major Player

Kevin, that's just the Google maps screen shots put together.
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #24
Major Player

Another fantastic video. I hate to sound like a broken record but you guys are inspiration for many of us.

Thanks for sharing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery