Wedding Highlights - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 31st, 2009, 01:02 PM  
Wedding Highlights
John De Rienzo John De Rienzo is offline March 31st, 2009, 01:02 PM

Would appreciate feedback on this clip. This was prior to our recent purchase of our steadycam pilot, so mostly handheld!

Filmed with Sony FX1.

Cheers,

David & Daniela | Wedding Video

John De Rienzo
Major Player
Views: 2500
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:48 AM   #16
Major Player

John, well done!
The style of shooting, editing fits perfectly to overall look and feel, some glow seem a bit extra for it though, also some shots from the middle towards the end seem a bit long, imho.

Thanks for showing, sharing.
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello John,

I to liked it a lot! One thing I noticed is that you have excellent camera control for hand held, were you using a fig rig or something similar? After you get your Steadicam, don't let go of your handheld work.

The other thing I noticed is that I can appreciate your eye not only for capturing and blending in details but noticing them in the first place, its a sign of true talent. As far as the quick pacing, if that's what you like . . . stick too it because you do it well . . . remember its one of the hardest forms to master. As far as the other comments, well we all have to listen to constructive criticism, sometimes we get so involved in our own work we may loose some objectivity, so its all good.

I know you'll like MB, but your right the presets are more for reference looks that you must tweak to suit (each clip sometimes). In my workflow I use either MB colorista or FCP's own 3 way to color correct and adjust levels first then apply MB look over top, you'll find less tweaking between clips (works for me anyway). Have fun...

Thanks for sharing.

GMan
Gino Mancusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi Gino,

Thank you for the encouragement. It is very much appreciated and all feedback is helpful.

I always tend to go back to the edit and tinker it, etc, after advice.

Thx Again,

John De Rienzo
Old April 11th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #19
Regular Crew

great video... the only thing I would add to the comments is it opens on a guy playing a song that is obviously not the song we are hearing... I would change that if you show a guy playing a guitar, I would have a guitar song at least, so that he could be playing it even if he is not. And the tempo of the song didn't match the people dancing. I would probably try to match the tempo to the dancing or visa-versa.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #20
Trustee

John
I really liked your video. Italian are crazy, just like us Greeks...I also agree that you can shorten the bride shots of her getting dressed and add some more shots of dancing. I loved the scene where the confetti goes upwards. Music is perfect.

Stelios
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #21
Major Player

Hi Tom & Stelios,

Not purposesfully bumping up my post, but just wanted to say thank you for your feedback, its very much appreciated, and yes, italian, and greek weddings are crazy and I love doing them.

Thx again,

John De Rienzo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery