Any way to fix this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 29th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Any way to fix this?

I delivered a DVD to a wedding client, the loved it. Later they realized their E session was not on it, I too never thought about it as it was a very small and quick e session that they wanted on line.

Well now I am trying to rebuild the DVD and here is what I have.
I have the ISO file for the original DVD (no E session)
I have rebuilt in encore DVD project adding in the E Session, but the only thing I can find on my computer from the highlight show is the MP4 version. I do have it on Vimeo also.

I can not believe I did not save the highlight premier project, I must have deleted it by mistake.

I guess I am asking is there a way to get an MP4 highlight show back into either adobe Premier cs3 or encore?

If not I may just have to give them a seperate DVD of their E-session
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Ok, Cineform converted it to an AVI, so I am all set.

If there are other ways, or better ways to do this, would still like to hear them.

I have backups, but the part of my workflow that I changes is I used to use a large internal drive to work on video, once it was delivered I would move to a couple externals.

Well as you probably know, when you move it, the entire folder, you still have to link everything back up, in this case the highlight show must have been in a seperate folder.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Trustee

If I understand correctly, you have the video you need on the old DVD, and just want to get it off to put on the new DVD?

If so, just rip the vob files using something like DVD Decrypter:

DVD Decrypter

Play each vob file (Windows Media player should be able to play them) until you find the one you want. Import that into Encore into your rebuilt project.

That should do it.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
If I understand correctly, you have the video you need on the old DVD, and just want to get it off to put on the new DVD?

If so, just rip the vob files using something like DVD Decrypter:

DVD Decrypter

Play each vob file (Windows Media player should be able to play them) until you find the one you want. Import that into Encore into your rebuilt project.

That should do it.
Thank You, I figured there would be a way to do this, I just did not know how.

To be honest I am not thrilled with adobe premier CS3 and its file formats. I can not get m2t files to import to premier, or quicktime, have to always convert them to Cineform AVI. I know adobe is suppose to support m2t, however it crashes EVERY time I try and import one.
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #5
Major Player

hey Denny,

raw m2t files are all I ever import into PPro CS3, without ever a problem....what happens when you try to then??

cheers
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
hey Denny,

raw m2t files are all I ever import into PPro CS3, without ever a problem....what happens when you try to then??

cheers

Get several error messages, then premier pro crashes, need to try again to see what messages
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I also use m2t files exclusively in PP3, using HDV Split. I don't have any problems. I have noticed a lot more CPU usage and slower computer response when previewing m2t's in my timeline. I get the sense that m2t's are much harder on the computer. Maybe you're running your system out of memory when you import them?
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #8
Major Player

- are you definitely using a legal/full/registered copy of PPro CS3? you can't work with HD in the trial version.

- is your PC fast enough for HD?

- what happens if you try and upload a relatively small m2t file? (i.e. not gigabytes in size)

def. post the error messages if you can, let's see if we can get it working for you!!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Regular Crew

It sounds like you have Cineform on your machine. Cineform can conflict with Quicktime upon importing into Premiere. Next time, hold down the shift key before you start Premiere and keep it down until all the plugins have serialized and the splash screen disappears. Then try to import an .m2t.
Kevin Dorsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques