So what do you drink... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: So what do you drink...

I don't pay much attention to what I eat or drink during the wedding, but there is one sure thing: beer afterwards.
Corey Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin View Post
Why is everyone on here so health conscious? I now feel guilty for going through 3-4 energy drinks on a standard wedding!
Back in April, I went to the doctor for a health assessment since I didn't do it for a year, and at times it felt like my heart was pounding. My blood pressure was 140/80 (high) my cholesterol was 236 (high) and my blood glucose was borderline high! I was about 15 lbs overweight then. My doctor said that I was on the verge of being a diabetic type 2.

My problem was the American diet. I had way too much sugar in everything I ate and drank. The problem with sugar is that it's addictive. When I was hungry or tired, I had to fill myself with sugar in order to feel better...not a good sign. My doctor gave me a treatment plan to cut the sugar and simple carbohydrates, and replace them with protein. It worked!! Today, my blood pressure is 117/68, cholesterol is 180, I lost 10lbs, and my blood glucose is normal. All this happened without medication, and just because I cut sugar from my diet. The bad drinks for me: all sodas, including diet drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks, alcohol, and fruit juice. Good for me: water and green tea. Have you ever been so hungry that you felt weak? That doesn't happen any more once I substituted sugar with protein.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Graham View Post
I don't pay much attention to what I eat or drink during the wedding, but there is one sure thing: beer afterwards.
Yes, or a nice glass of Macallan.
Old September 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kawamoto View Post
Back in April, I went to the doctor for a health assessment since I didn't do it for a year, and at times it felt like my heart was pounding. My blood pressure was 140/80 (high) my cholesterol was 236 (high) and my blood glucose was borderline high! I was about 15 lbs overweight then. My doctor said that I was on the verge of being a diabetic type 2.

My problem was the American diet. I had way too much sugar in everything I ate and drank. The problem with sugar is that it's addictive. When I was hungry or tired, I had to fill myself with sugar in order to feel better...not a good sign. My doctor gave me a treatment plan to cut the sugar and simple carbohydrates, and replace them with protein. It worked!! Today, my blood pressure is 117/68, cholesterol is 180, I lost 10lbs, and my blood glucose is normal. All this happened without medication, and just because I cut sugar from my diet. The bad drinks for me: all sodas, including diet drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks, alcohol, and fruit juice. Good for me: water and green tea. Have you ever been so hungry that you felt weak? That doesn't happen any more once I substituted sugar with protein.
Congrats Warren, I'm overweight too, sugar is a toughy, I like tea and coolaid. That's awesome news for you.
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #20
Trustee

Thanks Steven! I had to make the change because I learned that diabetes, loss of eyesight, kidney failure, and heart disease goes hand in hand....it scared the crap out of me! How good of a videographer would I be without eyes?? The promising thing is that diabetes 2 is reversible, simply by changing your diet and exercising more. The good news for me was that I caught it before it started, and I began to see significant changes in just 2 weeks.

The bad news is that young kids in the U.S. and U.K. today are diabetics, something we haven't seen before. Watch your intake of sugar, everyone! Sugar can kill you! Here's a great article about sugar:
9 Reasons To Avoid Sugar As If Your Life Depended On It | Popular Science

If anyone is interested in the diet plan my doctor gave me, I would gladly share it with you!
Old October 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Major Player

I used to take water but I find sports drinks such as Lucozade Sports are far more effective. I can get through 6 or 8 on a hot mid-summer all day job but 3 or 4 is more normal and just 1 in the winter. They are not fattening - not according to the calorie count on the label anyway.

Remember your body does need salt on those hot sweaty days.

Warren, there's no tradition of eating out several times a week in the UK, or of manufacturers pumping up the fat and sugar levels of processed food to anything like the same extent as in the USA so we have a headstart in that sense.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Graham View Post
Haha, yep! Yuengling brother.. j/k. I typically drink sprite at wedding & in real life when getting a soda, tho I don't drink much soda. I do like to place a beer in the fridge for when I get home. Gives me a little something to look forward to & celebrate.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Riding View Post
I there's no tradition of eating out several times a week in the UK, or of manufacturers pumping up the fat and sugar levels of processed food to anything like the same extent as in the USA so we have a headstart in that sense.
Pete
If you have a chance, please take a look at this documentary that was produced in the UK. Very informative, and what it contains may surprise you...it sure surprised the heck out of me!
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Riding View Post
I used to take water but I find sports drinks such as Lucozade Sports are far more effective. I can get through 6 or 8 on a hot mid-summer all day job but 3 or 4 is more normal and just 1 in the winter. They are not fattening - not according to the calorie count on the label anyway.

Remember your body does need salt on those hot sweaty days.
Yes, I forgot that part. During the hot summer, I'll often have a V8 with me for the salt. Maybe a sports drink.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Major Player

Yep I saw that on terrestrial TV Warren. Fascinating. They've also made a "the men who made us thin" - an expose of the diet industry - but I haven't watched that one.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #26
Major Player

water, coke, water, coffee, water, fanta lemon, water. get home and crack open a couple of strong beers
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #27
Major Player

In the morning before I leave for the wedding, and after a breakfast of either pancakes with eggs and sausage or waffles with bacon on the side, I make a double espresso with a shot of sambucca.
I always carry 4 bottles of water in a plastic bag, one bottle was frozen overnight. That is just to keep the other 3 cold throughout the day. When I get back in, a triple shot of bourbon on the rocks makes me sleep tight and stay warm.
Arthur Gannis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques