Insurance - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Insurance

Hi Adrian.

I have a standard business liability insurance through The Traveler's with $2 million worth of coverage. Theft coverage is "sorta" through my homeowner's insurance, but my gear is far from the most expensive. Basically, I just pay for something if I lose it or it gets broken. The big business hazard, in my opinion, is liability. Plus, certain venues want a certificate of being additionally named on the liability policy. My insurance agent always has handled that for me with a simple phone call.

One other thing, around here, both the city and the county sometimes require proof of automobile insurance. Don't even ask about the school board and it's requirements. Wow!

Back when I worked for employers, I learned how insurance is only one part of the business concept of Risk Management. Plus, I worked in some fairly hazardous work environments and learned to take safety matters quite seriously. So I normally run most everything on batteries to minimize the possibility of someone tripping over cords and cables, and use cool lights such as LEDs to minimize the possibility of someone (children, visually impaired etc.) from being burned.

Hope this helps. Oops, realized this is the wedding forum. Most of my work is corporate, but I have had to give certificates of additionally named to wedding venues more than once.

Last edited by Roger Van Duyn; February 18th, 2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typos
Roger Van Duyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques