Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 6th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #31
Major Player

Re: Tascam DR-10CS - where have you been all my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Peterson View Post
So how does the Juciedlink DAR123 compared head to head with the Tascam DR-10CS for the same price, what is the pros and cons of each??
Uncertain as to how to answer this one. The biggest difference between the two (correct me if I'm wrong), is that the Sennheiser connection / non-standard jacks are needed for the TASCAM, whereas the Juicedlink can power a COS 11D or other mics with the standard jack - and also provide power for them to run! This alone puts me in the Juicedlink camp. I'll be picking up two or three of those eventually. TASCAM is coming with a mic for £5 more in the UK though, and Juicedlink is around £50 more expensive.
Craig McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #32
Trustee

If you already own a sennheiser wireless system, then the Tascam represents good value. I've recently added one and its been a godsend both as a backup to the wireless audio for Corporate work and as a standalone for Weddings. The dual audio recordings has given me peace of mind and being able to screw the mic in, whereas my old audio recorder was just slotted in gives me more confidence in the recording not being affected by tampering. I've had a look at the Juicedlink; offers much the same, though looks slightly bigger than the Tascam and I'm less sure of the led display.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Battery life could be better - i usually have to change it before using it again for the speeches but my sony recorders will run just about all day on a AAA
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 02:20 AM   #34
Major Player

Peter, you might need to get better batteries. I use Eneloop Pros. On Saturday I forgot the Tascam on the groom and left it on all day. Pretty much from 12.30pm to 6.30pm - it was still recording and was still showing about a third battery!
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques