Camcorders only - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 26th, 2015, 09:29 AM   #91
Trustee

Re: Camcorders only

The Samsung NX-1 does get forgotten. In fact I hear Samsung are withdrawing the camera from some European countries. I'd be reluctant to invest in a camera system that its manufacturers are scaling down.

As for Canon, bare in mind they like Nikon have no big interest in 4K; unlike Samsung, Sony and Panasonic, they don't have a line in 4K TV's to push this function. Primarily they see their DSLR's as Photographic tools, with video as a sideline. There's talk the new 5D when it turns up may have a photo and video version, the latter offering 4K, but that's just a rumour. Until then I don't see Canon introducing 4K in DSLR's before it appears in the 5D.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:29 AM   #92
Inner Circle

If you are willing to deal with a 29:59 minute clip length limit (and you can instant restart), you could add the Sony RX10MkII to the list. RX10 "mark 1's" can produce a very nice sharp (HD, but looks very good on a 4K monitor) image, and are available very inexpensively in the used market. Not a bad option, particularly if you also wanted stills from time to time.

I was looking at Samsung for a while, the rumors that they are exiting the imaging/camera market made me stop looking, though they seem to make a very nice camera....
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:46 AM   #93
Inner Circle

That NX1 has gotten a serious price reduction, went from 1500 euro to 1000 euro, about the rx10, I do have it but I never would trust it to run unmanned, I probably have one made on a Monday because it has displayed behavior that could cause failed shots, the weirdest thing is I cannot replicate it, it just happens randomly, by far the most unreliable camera I have in my gearbag.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #94
Inner Circle

@Noa, -
You've definitely got the black sheep of the lot, mine has never given me grief, and I know a lot of people use 'em.

I haven't had the time I'd like to give the Mk2 as good a good workout as I'd like, but I wouldn't be too worried about running it as a unmanned camera. Of course if mine were acting up randomly... I'd feel differently!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques