Shifting Colours at Wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 14th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shifting Colours at Wedding

A funny thing happened to me at Friday's Wedding. A Civil Ceremony at a Venue I'd been to many times before.
On arriving, early as usual, I went to get some shots of the function room, setting my white balance, as you do. I then noticed the colours on the seating wasn't "true" I did another white balance and resumes getting some further footage of the room.
I've only had the 2 Cameras a few weeks and just getting to grips with them, but thought it strange, the colour could shift like this.
I went to the Bride's room, got shots of her and her Bridesmaids, the colours kept shifting, I'd re White Balance again, ok for a while then shifted. PANIC! But keep on shooting.
This kept happenning until after the speeches, I was ready to jump off the Tyne Bridge, by this time, all confidence in myself, the cameras, GONE! I was a total nervous wreck!
What would the Bride say when she saw this terrible video, no consistent colour of the Bridesmaids dresses or the table settings etc?
Thank God, I was doing the Evening !
i HAD TO TELL SOMEONE! The woman, co-ordinator, thank GOD! She made me the happiest man in the world! No, not that!
It was the material used to make the dresses! It wasn't just used for the dresses, but was on the chairs backs, on the tables everywhere, it changed colour with the way the light shined on it!
What a relief, so watch out for this at your weddings.
I thought, pity i didn't use the B&W viewfinder, ignorance is bliss! But there again, in a few weeks, come the editing, I'd have been up the wall!

Mike
Michael Cassidy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques