Same Day Edit - Feb 12 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #61
Major Player

Ricky.
Thanks for the props. We shot with 5 FX1s that day on top of the full network coverage the couple got :~. I had a GC4000 with one FX1.

Travis.
We have a lot more leeway in terms of time here. Ceremonies ususally start at 3 or 4 then dinner at 6 or 7. Receptions last for a minimum of 2 and a half hours. Chinese weddings are usually at 1 or 2pm, the dinner lauriat starts at 8p.

Time is definitely a major factor in the production of an SDE. But there are other variables involved - song choice, shot quality, pressure involved. I just surmised this now because I realized our best work wasn't when we had 5 hour gaps.
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #62
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Magbanua View Post
Travis.
We have a lot more leeway in terms of time here. Ceremonies ususally start at 3 or 4 then dinner at 6 or 7. Receptions last for a minimum of 2 and a half hours. Chinese weddings are usually at 1 or 2pm, the dinner lauriat starts at 8p.

Time is definitely a major factor in the production of an SDE. But there are other variables involved - song choice, shot quality, pressure involved. I just surmised this now because I realized our best work wasn't when we had 5 hour gaps.
That's kind of what I thought. 3-4 hours is quite a bit different from 30 minutes. That got me to wondering, though, what is the shortest amount of time you've had to put an SDE together?
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #63
Major Player

Jason, I did a google on GC4000 but it comes out to be an ice gream maker, you mean your videographers are eating ice cream while shooting, just kidding! Maybe that's the stabilizer your refering, Im looking one for my FX1 and the Merlin is in top of my list, but I hav'nt decided yet until now....Oh! I remember now, GC stands for Glidecam..silly me!
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #64
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickey Brillantes View Post
Jason, I did a google on GC4000 but it comes out to be an ice gream maker, you mean your videographers are eating ice cream while shooting, just kidding! Maybe that's the stabilizer your refering, Im looking one for my FX1 and the Merlin is in top of my list, but I hav'nt decided yet until now....Oh! I remember now, GC stands for Glidecam..silly me!
lol, ice cream isn't a bad idea on the wedding day . . I might have to add that to my packages . . .

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques