Vegas Pro 8 for $178 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 12th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #31
Regular Crew

and what is thought equity motion search program?
Chris Wysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wysocki View Post
so everything went semi smoothly installing the vegas 6 and 8 upgrade ,
I was able to register DVD architect , but not vegas pro 8 over the internet , i get an error code , error 32 "the server was unable to complete the registration , error 32 , what does that mean?

Fixed this , i had to run as admin. to register ok , works perfect ,

And also , vegas 6.0 uninstalls completely leaving just Vegas 8.0 and do the updates!!!!
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-13-07 I just recieved an email from Sony. They told me to unistall everything and reinstall a clean version of pro 8.0B and gave me new serial numbers. What the hell , the other way works fine too. Either way is your pick.
Chris Wysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Will Vegas Pro 8 read/convert/import Vegas Movie Studio (Platinum) files? You'd think so, but just to be sure...
Jim Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Browning View Post
Will Vegas Pro 8 read/convert/import Vegas Movie Studio (Platinum) files? You'd think so, but just to be sure...
Yes it will.
However, Movie Studio will not read Vegas Pro 8 files.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #35
Regular Crew

That makes sense...

Even though I haven't had Movie Studio for long, and it covers everything I am doing so far, I can't resist the upgrade deal and have placed my order.

Even though I may only scratch the surface of the Pro capabilities, so much of the training materials (not to mention the discussions here!) are for Pro, that it will be worthwhile from that standpoint alone. I know there is crossover between the two, but that's not the same as speaking the same language everyone else is using, and avoiding the "this might not work in Movie Studio" issues.
--
Jim
Jim Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #36
New Boot

Hi.

I did purchase Vegas 6 and the Vegas 8 Upgrade. Did install Vegas 6 no problem, but when trying to install the Vegas 8 upgrade it tells me that I can't install since I don't have Vegas 7 installed... :-(

Would that be because I have Win XP Pro x64??

Thanks, Andy.

EDIT: That would be because I didn't run Vegas 6 or input the serial # for Vegas 6 yet. It works just fine.

Sorry.

Last edited by Andy Gruszka; March 15th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.
Andy Gruszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #37
Trustee

64bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gruszka View Post
Hi.

I did purchase Vegas 6 and the Vegas 8 Upgrade. Did install Vegas 6 no problem, but when trying to install the Vegas 8 upgrade it tells me that I can't install since I don't have Vegas 7 installed... :-(

Would that be because I have Win XP Pro x64??

Thanks, Andy.

I am pretty sure that there is no 64bit support for Vegas on any OS (XP or Vista) and for any version of Vegas.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #38
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
I am pretty sure that there is no 64bit support for Vegas on any OS (XP or Vista) and for any version of Vegas.
Thanks Jason, see my edit above.

Just feel stupid a little, I'll go and hide for a while..... .

I'm just used to inputing the serial # when installing, not on the first run.....

Andy.
Andy Gruszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM   #39
Trustee

Should not have any issues with 32bit OS. There are problems with Vista for the upgrade but that can be solved by getting customer support from Vegas.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #40
New Boot

Does anyone know of any vendors still offering the Vegas 8 upgrade for $99. B&H, Tiger Direct and eveyone else I checked now list it for $224.
Mark Schreuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #41
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Schreuder View Post
Does anyone know of any vendors still offering the Vegas 8 upgrade for $99. B&H, Tiger Direct and eveyone else I checked now list it for $224.
I think the vastly reduced price was only available during that into period, but I may be wrong.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #42
Trustee

Yeah i cant find it too. The new upgrade is much higher now
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Good morning,

I just got my upgrade a couple weeks ago via b&H

I ordered them both at the same time. I phoned them and cleared that I could do so and there was no problem, I just had to wait longer for the upgrade, took about 3 weeks for it to arive and a week for the 6.0. I only used parcel post.

By the way, My pentium 4 can't seem to run the media generator the sql is the issue, but everything else works just fine. On my dual more current hp everything down loaded easily.

Good luck.

By the way if you are not used to vegas, then I recomend the Vasst 1,2,3 bundle for a rreal quick start!!
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #44
Trustee

VASST 1,2,3 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
By the way if you are not used to vegas, then I recomend the Vasst 1,2,3 bundle for a rreal quick start!!
Which reminds me that I have been meaning to put Vol 1,2,3 up for sale in the private classifieds. I'll get to that this weekend I think.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...