Vegas Pro 8.0c and Vegas Pro 8.1X64 are out !!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 11th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Vegas Pro 8.0c and Vegas Pro 8.1X64 are out !!!

Vegas Pro 8.0c

Vegas Pro 8.1X64
Note: this link is to an exe file from the Sony software archive.

8.0c README FILE:

Notable fixes/changes in version 8.0c

* Added support for rendering 1920x1080 AVCHD video.
* Added XDCAM HD422 support.
* Added widescreen option for AJA print-to-tape.
* Added presets for AVCHD stereo output.
* Added ability to save markers in AVCHD output.
* Added ability to read certain MPEG-2 files with AC-3 audio.
* Added support for importing video from AVCHD camcorders (File > Import > AVCHD Camcorder).
* Added support for importing video from Sony CF card recording devices (File > Import > Memory Recording Unit).
* Added support for Nikon D90 MJPEG movies.
* Added support for XDCAM partial import with PDW-U1 drive.
* Enhanced Trimmer window with integral video monitor, separate external monitor, Enable Timeline Overwrite, and Fit to Fill modes.

When the Show Video Monitor button in the Trimmer window is selected, video that you preview from the Vegas Explorer and Media Manager windows is played back in the Trimmer. Because the Trimmer is placed in the same window dock as the Explorer and Media Manager, you will not see your video preview. To preview Explorer and Media Manager video, you can drag the Trimmer to a new dock group, or you can turn off the Show Video Monitor button to preview in the Video Preview window.

* Enhanced XDCAM Explorer pane with double-click and keyboard Enter key behavior that matches the Vegas Explorer pane.
* ProType Titler: added ability to copy envelope points and curve blocks using Ctrl+drag.
* ProType Titler: added ability to save effects and add/replace effects via drag-and-drop.
* Added support for opening Vegas Movie Studio 9 projects.
* Improved the number of MPEG-2 clips that can be active on a timeline.
* Improved HDV/AVCHD reading.
* Improved reading for certain 3GP and MP4 files.
* Improved device resolution choice for Windows Secondary Display when set the Display mode is set to Automatic Size Settings and the project is larger than the display.
* Fixed a problem that could cause masked video to appear incorrectly on an external monitor.
* Fixed a problem reading certain AVI files using DivX with MP3 audio.
* Fixed a problem reading certain Xvid format files.
* Fixed a problem reading some FLAC files.
* Fixed an issue saving markers in MXF format.
* Fixed a problem rendering to certain WAV/WAV64 variants
* Fixed Paste Event Attributes so it doesn't create phantom transitions that are then called out as missing during project load.
* Fixed a crash with the Matshita UJ-832D DVD-RW drive.
* Fixed issues that prevented Wave Hammer and Acoustic Mirror from functioning properly in some cases.
* Fixed duplicate file numbering of MP_ROOT MAS (SD) and MAQ (QVGA) files when using the Export to PSP™ command.
* Fixed an audio buzz that could occur with certain combinations of automated track muting.
* Fixed an issue with SDI capture when using non-dropframe timecode.
* Fixed an audio clicking issue with certain 29.97 or 59.94 fps MXF clips.
* Corrected ToolTip display for edited fade lengths when the timeline ruler is offset.
* Changed Cinescore detection to look for Pro version first and then Studio version.
* Fixed an issue reading certain MXF metadata.
* Fixed an issue with the Height Map plug-in not functioning properly at certain settings with high project resolutions.
* TWAIN initialization now occurs when Get Photo is used instead of during Vegas startup. This change prevents crashes due to bad drivers.
* Fixed a potential crash that could occur when switching to Markers or Regions view in the Edit Details window.
* Fixed eyedropper color picker under Windows Vista Aero Glass.
* Fixed a problem with long startup time when a computer is connected to a network but not the Internet.
* Improved scanning for VST plug-ins.
* Fixed a bug where VST effects would not always be notified of sample rate changes.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Trustee

Still can't read native files from EX1 or EX3 ?

I'll install (c) tomorrow and try to import.
I want to get away from rewrapping to MXF.

Paul.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Inner Circle

What? No DVCPRO HD? What a surprise. ;)

But it does support the D90. Cool.
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

soooooo.... can we import MXF from P2's without raylight re-wrap???
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Major Player

And no mention

of the memory leak problem with stills?
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Jon & Fred, there was a thread the other day (Panasonic vs Sony Vegas) where a Panasonic user (AG-HVX201) was complaining about not being able to import the footage directly into Vegas.
Jan Crittenden Livingston, a Panasonic Product Manager chimed in and said that, for a variety of reasons, Sony & Panasonic will probably never work together.
He said that Raylight is still the best alternative for Vegas users.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Major Player

No support for MPEG4 wrapper in 8.0c just tested it....Very disappointing as After Effects handles them no problems...Come on Sony...Even Adobe can handle the raw files... Saving this support for version 9 seems crazy... as the Camera has been out a year now. I do not like having to use the browser and converting to MXF before I can edit..
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #8
Inner Circle

One detail that I hadn't thought of, Ultimate S will not work with this new version, which is very disappointing. Since I depend so much on it, completely on it, I cannot abandon 32 bit just yet. I have discovered that reel paks still show up in the effects pane, which is nice.

I must say it seems quicker and more responsive...I like it so far. Rendering is faster, what previously took 20 minutes rendered in 14 minutes. Playback with effects has improved somewhat as well.

Sorry the issues you refer to aren't addressed Bill. I still shoot in SD, so the many issues that many have aren't even on my radar yet.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; September 11th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #9

u gotta be kidding me! This is the long awaited 8.0c? Considering the HUGE number of issues 8b has that weren't addressed, this is a slap in the face. What a joke.
Well, goodbye vegas.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #10
Major Player

Ultimate S, that will also mean Celluiloid also wont work (I guess). Time to crack open the VMWare and give this a go in there before I upgrade.
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #11
Regular Crew

what about 8.1 ? Does it have all the improvements from 8.0c ?
Robin Lobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #12
Major Player

It would seem 8.1 is the same as 8.0c but just in 64bit.

As soon as I find out if Celluloid and MB Looks works I will be looking to switch although at the moment Reg Giant dont even suppor their apps on a 64bit OS so doubt there will be a 64bit version.

Why vendors are so behind is beyond me. 64bit has been mainstream for some years now and 64bit apps on 64bit hardware on a 64bit OS is faster. Its just at the moment 64bit vista is emulating 32bit.

Ive been on 64bit vista for a good few months now and its perfect. No probs what so ever and means I can make use of all 4gb. Drivers exist.

I think the problems many have had have been with their older or custom built rigs which use hardware without proper 64bit support i.e Nvidia cards as only 8series and above work properly.
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Are 8.0c and 8.1 the same?

Hi,

Just read in the Vegas forum that 8.1 is missing some new features, that were added to 8.0c (at least some things missing in the trimmer window - some of its new view possibilities).

This is proof that the development work for 8.0c and 8.1 parted some time ago. They are not exact replicas, the other 32 and the other 64 bit. I think too that it's very odd. And stupid.

Christian
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:20 AM   #14
Inner Circle

"Why vendors are so behind is beyond me. 64bit has been mainstream for some years now..."

Danny, your wording is inaccurate. 64 bit apps, etc are not even close to mainstream even today. You might have meant they have been "available" for awhile. But 64 bit OSs will not be mainstream for a good while yet.

I am very disappointed also, but it is paritally my own fault. 32 bit plug-ins will not work with this release, and I should have thought of that before now.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #15
Major Player

What I meant is 64bit hardware has been around for years. Vista is the first real mainstream 64bit OS as XP 64 was just no good for anything. Vendors still dont support 64bit Vista and even less make true 64bit apps. Adobe are very behind and dont even offer 64bit flash support.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...