How to get perfect 60i-to-30p deinterlacing + 60i-to-60p-like Slow-Mo... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 25th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #31
New Boot

Hmm, is there any loss of detail by using this deinterlacing method? Because i'm pretty sure that there has to be SOME loss because it's filling in some data that isn't there...
John Adamczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Excaliber ?

Edward,

I checked out Excalibur and Liked it!!

I downloaded it and it is all in a folder in my documents, How do I get into vegas pro 8c?

do I need to go back and download again to a different location?

thanks
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adamczyk View Post
Hmm, is there any loss of detail by using this deinterlacing method? Because i'm pretty sure that there has to be SOME loss because it's filling in some data that isn't there...
There isn't really a loss of data.

I actually found my 50% slow motion is sharper/more detailed then the plain de-interlaced footage which is interesting.

Native 60p footage is definitely better, but this is a really good alternative because a.) You would only be shooting 60p if it was to get better slow motion, final render will still be 30p. b.) There aren't really any consumer/prosumer cameras that shoot 1080p60 anyways
Joe Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #34
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Busch View Post
There isn't really a loss of data.

I actually found my 50% slow motion is sharper/more detailed then the plain de-interlaced footage which is interesting.

Native 60p footage is definitely better, but this is a really good alternative because a.) You would only be shooting 60p if it was to get better slow motion, final render will still be 30p. b.) There aren't really any consumer/prosumer cameras that shoot 1080p60 anyways
Actually...Sanyo just announced some consumer cams that will do full 1080/60p. Although obviously it's not directed at people like us.

Digital camera | TOP : VPC-FH1 | SANYO
Digital camera | TOP : VPC-HD2000 | SANYO
John Adamczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adamczyk View Post
Actually...Sanyo just announced some consumer cams that will do full 1080/60p. Although obviously it's not directed at people like us.

Digital camera | TOP : VPC-FH1 | SANYO
Digital camera | TOP : VPC-HD2000 | SANYO
Yea I know that one... there are a lot of cameras that do 720p that looks about as good as 480p "blown-up" to 720p...

I could say my FX7 shot 2k if I just up-rezzed it a bit right? -_-
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Yea I know that one... there are a lot of cameras that do 720p that looks about as good as 480p "blown-up" to 720p...

I could say my FX7 shot 2k if I just up-rezzed it a bit right? -_-
Sanyo say the sensor is 1920x1080. Do you know something we don't Joe?

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #37
Major Player

HV10 had a 1920 x 1080 sensor too...

What's your point?
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #38
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
I checked out Excalibur and Liked it!!

I downloaded it and it is all in a folder in my documents, How do I get into vegas pro 8c?
Dale, the download is an installer. After downloading, run that program and Excalibur will install. After installing, in Vegas Pro 8 go to View - Extensions and you will find it there.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
HV10 had a 1920 x 1080 sensor too...

What's your point?
Sorry, maybe I just don't get your point Joe. Are you saying the image from these cams is like 480 lines uprezzed to 1080? I haven't been able to find any sample footage from the HD2000 so far. What is this opinion based on?

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Hunter View Post
Sorry, maybe I just don't get your point Joe. Are you saying the image from these cams is like 480 lines uprezzed to 1080? I haven't been able to find any sample footage from the HD2000 so far. What is this opinion based on?

Richard
I'm saying that the pixel density of the sensor doesn't really matter. You get crappy footage out of crappy cameras.
Old January 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #41
Inner Circle

Edward,

I reinstalled excaliber, It went through fine but the folder with all the software ends up in the documents section.

should I send it to programs??

I checked extensions in view edit and tools, no extensions.

thank you for the help.
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #42
Sponsor: JET DV

It installs in {my documents}/Vegas Application Extensions so that sounds correct. In order to see Excalibur 6, you MUST be running Vegas Pro 8.0a or newer. It will not appear if you're running the original 8.0 version but will if you have 8.0a, 8.0b, 8.0c, or 8.1. Since you're running 8.0c, it should be appearing fine.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #43
Inner Circle

Edward,

thanks for the time!!!

We had recently put clean installs of xp on the computers and this computer had not been upgraded as I do not usually use it for vegas!!

I will now put into the vista 64 system.

thanks again!!

now to get familiar with it!!
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #44
New Boot

Quote:
This works with any 60i footage, and works quite well... I'm surprised more people don't know about this.

Project settings
Field Order - Progressive
Deinterlace Method - Interpolate Fields

That gets you 30p out of 60i, Vegas does it in real-time, you may have to change your preview window to Preview (Half) or Good (Full) to see the results... I leave mine at Good (Full) 24/7

Then for rendering, just make sure you choose progressive for field-order if there's an option.

And finally for the slow motion, after you've done the de-interlacing method above, you simply right-click on the clip you want to be slow-motion and change the playback rate from 1.000 to 0.500 ...

It's incredibly simple and produces great results. All of this was shot with an FX7 at 1/1000 shutter... The FX7 can only shoot 1080i60, and all of this was edited in Vegas 8.0/8.1 and captured with HDVSplit

I've tried this with my old footage from a Canon Elura 2MC 480i60 camera... and it worked just the same...

YouTube - Epic Preview
YouTube - Epic Preview 2
YouTube - Epic Preview 3
does this mean i can shoot in 60i with my Hdc-hs300 and edit in vegas along with my other 30p footage from p2 and hdv?

put another way....does using Project settings Interpolate Fields to conform the 60i effect the other 30p on the same timeline?

Last edited by Jonas Marlowe; October 6th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Jonas Marlowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...