Vegas Pro 9.0a released - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #31
Major Player

Any more news on this release? I've had 9.0 sitting here in a box next to my system (as I noticed a few others here have as well) and I'm curious if I should make the jump and go ahead and install this thing. :)

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon McGuffin View Post
Any more news on this release? I've had 9.0 sitting here in a box next to my system (as I noticed a few others here have as well) and I'm curious if I should make the jump and go ahead and install this thing. :)

Jon
None here. I might not ever install 9. Since I'm not on HD, from what I have heard, it offers me nothing. I simply purchased it "just in case I jump" (to HD) and just in case it helped in some way.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #33
Inner Circle

You guys that aren't shooting HD(V) because of this problem have been missing out.

I give you one word, NeoScene. It smooths out the editing process, improves the playback from the time line.

If you are running a lot of filters and correction, it won't play back realtime. but you know what, in my experiences with Premiere, and seeing what you have to do with Final Cut, I don't think its anything that much different. On the other hand, rendering in Vegas works very fast, so you can render a sections as you edit to preview what is going on.

Incidentally, I have been using 9 for a couple of months now with out significant issues.
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Jon you can install it because it won't interfere with Vegas 8. Just remember that any project saved in 9 cannot be opened in 8, so if you run into issues you're stuck with 9 till your project is done.

Just download the update, don't istall the disc as it is unnecessary.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #35
Major Player

So do we think the 9.0a update at least solved the majority of 'issues' that were plentiful with the 9.0 release?

I've seen here and in other threads some stuff not quite fixed as advertised, but I'm mostly concerned with performance oriented issues such as timeline playback, etc. I'll go ahead and install it since it will play nicely with 8. Thanks for the update Jeff..

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #36
Major Player

There appears to be a GIANT bug with the generated text. I don't know if it just cropped up in the 9a update or if it was also in the 9.0 version. But many people are losing all the text in their project when they reopen the project. It all reverts back to the default SAMPLE TEXT.
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Inner Circle

My issue with it is if you copy the clips from one timeline into another instance of Vegas, and if there is text involved, you lose your text, it's really strange.

There are certainly plenty of issues still unresolved, but you'll have to read around here to find out more. I haven't used it enought at this point as some others have.
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Are you kidding me Terry? I didn't realize it happened like that too....that is messed up.
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Jeff, unfortunately Terry isn't kidding.
Other Vegas forums (especially the Sony one) are full of people having all kinds of problems with generated media.
Numerous reports have been submitted but nothing from SCS so far :-(
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:33 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Fwiw, I recently downloaded 9a and a project I did with 9 opened with the generated media remaining intact - it did not go back to "Sample Text". Perhaps this means it is an issue between pre-9 versions & 9a? I mention it in case it it helps solve the issue.
Bill Spearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #41
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
You guys that aren't shooting HD(V) because of this problem have been missing out.

I give you one word, NeoScene. It smooths out the editing process, improves the playback from the time line.
I completely agree. It makes a big difference. MPEG, including HDV, has no business on the timeline.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...