Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q3Q4) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old October 24th, 2004, 04:50 AM   #16
New Boot

No, that didn't helped, same thing happens again.
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:31 AM   #17
RED Code Chef

Are you running the latest version of Vegas 4? You can get
updates at http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com

What camera are you capturing from? Are you sure you turned
Edward's suggestion off under the capture tab in that dialog?
Your description is exactly the same as the problem with that
option. Just make sure it is off (checkbox not checked).

Otherwise you may try disabling "Enable DV Scene Detection"
under that same tab. If everything failes you may want to try
out a demo of www.scenalyzer.com. See if that works.

What Operating System are you running?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 25th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #18
New Boot

I did it ! Thanks to your help. I think both setting you mentioned had to be aplied, as I can remember, in the first time, unchecking "minimum clip length" option only, didn't helped. Or is it my XP, giving me troble past few days, I don't know. Anyway, problem solved !

By the way, I'm using mvx10i (optura 300) I just bought, and I can say I'm very happy with it. Great cam ! Thanks again for help !

Marko
Old January 18th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Edge Detection Plug-in

Hi Everyone,

I wrote an edge-detection plug-in for Vegas a while back, and I just discovered dvinfo.net so I thought I'd share the plug-in with you. It uses a rather rudimentary edge-detection algorithm, so it's quite slow, but it makes an interesting effect. You will have to fiddle with the sliders some to figure out how to use it with different video clips. Footage with high contrasting areas work better.

If anyone has pointers to an edge-detection algorithm that uses wavelets or fast Fourier transforms, let me know!

You can find the plug-in at:

http://www.mirkwood.com/vegas/

I've tested it with Vegas 4 and 5. Sorry that the installation instructions aren't a little smoother.

If you use it or like it, I'd be glad to hear from you!

Also, if any other edge-detection plugins already exist for Vegas, let me know! I haven't seen any so far.

Thanks,
Adam
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #20
Sponsor: JET DV

Welcome, Adam, and thanks for your efforts. I modified your link to make it clickable.
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #21
Fred Retread

Invisible Keyframes with Event FX?

One aspect of my project is driving me crazy. I use Video Event FX to set brightness and the levels ramp up or down as I move away from that point. I set other points and sometimes it's stable between those points, sometimes not, mainly because I can't see what's been set where. What is this behavior..envelopes, keyframes, or what? I can't find what I need in the Help file.

EDIT...Ah, I see in Spot's book that the Event FX dialog box should have a keyframe section. It's not showing in mine. I need to find where to turn it on.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #22

If you can't see the FX timeline, move the mouse slowly toward the bottom of that dialog. As soon as it turn into an up/down arrow, click and drag upwards. Since the items in the boxes can be resized, it sounds like you have managed to resize yours to be hidden.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #23
Fred Retread

Bless you, Ed!
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #24
New Boot

mpg files have no audio with Vegas 6.0

Hello everyone. I recently purchased Vegas 6.0 and am trying to open some mpg movies with Vegas 6.0. I get the video track with no problem, but there is no audio track. I know there's audio in the file because I can play it with PowerDVD. If anyone can help me get the sound working I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #25

Sounds like it probably contains AC3 audio. Vegas doesn't read AC3 audio. You'll need to use some other program to convert it to a format Vegas can read.
Old June 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #26
Regular Crew

As already has written Edward - Vegas does not work with AC3 audio, there are some ways it(him) to deceive -
1. If a sound Stereo or Surround (2.1) - Install AC3 ACM Decompressor - after that Vegas will work with these files
2. If a sound 5.1:
a) If you want to leave it 5.1 - use, for example, BeSweet or Sonic Foundry Soft Encode, and decode audio to 6 independent mono channels, and after this spread out them on 6 independent channels. In Vegas creat project with 5.1 audio, and arrange 6 mono waves strictly on their channels on a timeline
b) If you d't need 5.1 - use HeadAC3he 0.23a to convert DD 5.1 to WAV

PS Sorry for my English
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #27
New Boot

I appreciate the information from both of you and will consider what each of you have suggested. If anyone else has any other ideas I would still be interesting in hearing them as well. Thank you.
Old June 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #28
Regular Crew

cool photo effect

I was watching the Science of Lance Armstrong on Discovery last night and they kept doing these really cool effects with still images. I think I've read it (and even seen it) on this board somewhere before, but it didn't look quite as cool as what I saw last night.

Anyways, I guess there's a technique to key out the subject of a photo and have it move independently from the background. It gives the photo a cool 3d effect. I've seen this done on a few users' sites and it looks pretty good. Is this done straight from the timeline, or do you need to open Photoshop up first and have two versions of the same photo, or what exactly?

It could be a similar technique, but Discovery's effect was really far out. It looked like there were several planes on one photo that were moving independently from each other. Has anyone seen it? Am I rehashing an old technique?
Old June 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #29

That's called the "Kids in the picture" effect. I've written an article for the next newsletter on how this can be achieved. The newsletter isn't quite finished yet, though.

To find out more information on this, take a look here:
http://www.pixelpops.com/videoproduction/battle.shtml

You need to look at the 2004 video too.
Old June 28th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Full HDV 24p in vegas 5? or 6?

I have been noodling with Vegas 5 and it's 24p converter. It seems that you can only do a good down-rezzed DV version of HDV footage. Does Vegas 6 have the capabilities to output full HDV in 24p?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...