Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #106
Sponsor: JET DV

I'm not sure I followed all of that but it sounds like you simply need the logo on track 1, the other two on track 2, and overlap "A" and "B" as need to create a crossfade. If you need a different transition than a crossfade, just drop that into place.

Now... On track 1, use Pan/Crop to change the size of the logo at the proper time to give the look you want.
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #107
Inner Circle

Is text morphing possible.

I'm working on my demo finally, after [cough] [cough] years, and I had an idea for my titles. I wanted to text morph, similar to what you can do in Flash.

Can Vegas do this, for example, morph TITLE in 'x' font into TITLE in 'y' font?
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #108

Well... you have the standard dissolves you could use to dissolve from one to the other. Using some transitions may look more like morphing than others. However, there's also the tools from www.debugmode.com which includes WAX and WinMorph.
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #109
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Well... you have the standard dissolves you could use to dissolve from one to the other. Using some transitions may look more like morphing than others. However, there's also the tools from www.debugmode.com which includes WAX and WinMorph.
Awesome site. Thanks
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #110
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel
Thanks Ed, I'll give this a whirl.
Old January 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #111
Major Player

Thanks Edward --

Downloading their basic (free) encoder from their site now. Was wondering though what the best encoder for that platform might be --

RealVideo does have an encoder they sell -- more features, etc. Seems like that would be the best, but wonder if apps like Canopus ProCoder would be better...

Thanks --
Old January 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #112
Inner Circle

Cubed pics, etc.

I am looking for the software to provide a way to spice up photo montages...I am especially interested in cubes to which I can add photos on each side that will spin away, and other similar 3D effects...

I run Vegas 6.0c
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #113

There's a Cubes transition:
http://www.endor.demon.co.uk/

Plus, Vegas with the 3D Track Motion can do this. Here's a couple of sample VEG files:
http://www.vegasusers.com/vegshare/s...cube&type=full
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #114
Inner Circle

Thanks

The cube plug-in you referred me to is nice...especially for free! I'll check out the link you posted now...
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #115
Tourist

Hi, thanks for the reply, Edward. But I don't think that is going to work for what I need.

I don't want A to simply transition to B in a crossfade. I want the B footage to appear inside the solid color logo (using chroma keying, maybe), so the solid color is used as a chroma key for the footage, perhaps. And as the logo zooms in, the B footage overtakes the A footage on the screen.

How would I do this?
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #116
Major Player

Don't you have to change the properties of the avi inside vegas for the alpha channel to be recognised?
From the bluff site:
Vegas does not automatically recognize the alpha (transparency) channel in the AVI files. When you right-click on the clip in Vegas and choose Properties you can set the Alpha Channel. In Vegas, there are 3 choices for how to handle alpha channels:

* Straight (unmatted): this option does not seem to work.
* Premultipled: this option works somewhat, but there are blue edges and things are not looking quite right.
* Premultipled (dirty): this option works the best, maybe perfect.

http://www.outerspace-software.com/import.html
Old January 11th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #117
Major Player

eltax DVR-555

I had this one job where I did not have time to render so I bought the a DVD/HDD, the eltax DVR-555 with 160GB HDD for SEK 4000 / USD 500.

The unit has a DV-in plug on the front, and the manual says "Select DV source by pressing the DV button on the remote". After looking at the remote for several minutes, and checking with a friend, we had to accept that there was no DV-button on the remote.

Other than that, it works fine.

http://www.eltax.com/eltax/index.php?item=10&id=11124

/magnus
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #118
Trustee

Can u enlighten me how do I go the fire inside the letters?? Thanks!
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #119
Trustee

Yeah thanks guys. I think Edward's idea is good. I think yr method has the least distortion.
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #120
Inner Circle

3D Arsenal with Vegas

In my quest for 3D effects to add to my photo montages, I have been recommended 3D Arsenal by Toasterdudes...anyone used it?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...