Vegas 6 Render Freeze SOLVED! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #1
Trustee

Vegas 6 Render Freeze SOLVED!

Fellow Vegasites, I have solved the render freeze issue (mentioned in my previous post under the same heading) when working with a project having many stills on the timeline. Keep ALL of the stills that you are using in your project segregated on their very own hard drive separate from your captured clips hard drive. Not only do I no longer have render freezes but the program no longer freezes during normal use.

I suspect that the hard drive had to work too hard reading the clips, their accompanying sound and the many stills scanned at 600 dpi.
Old July 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #2
Trustee

Good news Hugh. Out of interest, you weren't overclocking were you?

Aaron
Old July 20th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #3
Trustee

No. I'd rather not overclock based on the warnings I've read in the computer mags. All I did was give all the stills their very own harddrive and the software has been working great since. I wrote to Sony and told them so.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:01 AM   #4
Inner Circle

why not just render the stills to individual avis??
the only crash ive seen with stills was with an SD project i saw carrying overlayed targas at 3000x3000 .. basically it ramped the pagefile until it died...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Out of idle interest why 600 dpi for your stills? Seems a bit on the high side. I do most of mine at 150 dpi without loss of quality of freezing. The most I've done at one time 112 pics at 7 seconds a still, each with a pan or zoom.
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM   #6
Trustee

I Spoke Too Soon

Sorry, fellows. Vegas 6 does not work with the Windows XP Pro 64 bit operating system. It crashes constantly the more clips I place on the timeline. Vegas software tech support also told me that Vegas had not been engineered to work with the 64 bit O/S and therefore cannot offer a solution to the problem. Unfortunately, until they post a patch, I am forced to learn Premiere Pro 1.5.

Devin: I scanned at 600 dpi because I was too stupid to know better at the time. I thought it didn't matter what dpi I used so I figured that if I used the highest, I'd get the best pan/crop/zoom effects in Vegas.

Peter: I cannot use Vegas any longer because my new computer has a 64 bit O/S so rendering the stills as individual avis is a moot point.
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Ouch! So did sony offer any help? Or was it sorry please try vegas 7 next year?
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Trustee

It was: Sorry, we don't offer 64 bit O/S support.
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #9
New Boot

I was having the same problems with a project i was working on. The suggestion on here didn't work. Don't know if it was because i was on one hard drive that was partitioned or not, but putting it on its own partition didn't work. So i went and downloaded vegas 6.0d from the sony website, and it updated the program. After that, i was able to render the project without any problems. Thanks anyway for all the advise.
David Schachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #10
Inner Circle

I was having aproblem with a render, and it was one of two things, I had a missing file (which was not actually on the timeline as part of the project) reference and I was running version C, for what ever reason, when i tried to convert to .mov my project would crash with a phat error. You can see my post here http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=63055

So going to version .d and fixing the missing file reference fixed it.
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #11
Regular Crew

what OS/MOBO set up is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro
Sorry, fellows. Vegas 6 does not work with the Windows XP Pro 64 bit operating system. It crashes constantly the more clips I place on the timeline. Vegas software tech support also told me that Vegas had not been engineered to work with the 64 bit O/S and therefore cannot offer a solution to the problem. Unfortunately, until they post a patch, I am forced to learn Premiere Pro 1.5.

Devin: I scanned at 600 dpi because I was too stupid to know better at the time. I thought it didn't matter what dpi I used so I figured that if I used the highest, I'd get the best pan/crop/zoom effects in Vegas.

Peter: I cannot use Vegas any longer because my new computer has a 64 bit O/S so rendering the stills as individual avis is a moot point.
having comp built now can you reccomend?
Fred Helm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #12
Regular Crew

A naïve question: why would anyone want to use XP Pro 64 bit operating system? Unless one uses exotic software like Mathematica what is the point? Even Microsoft recommends dual boot operatings systems 64 bit AND 32 bit and not single 64 bit... And then again I would rather have dual boot XP 32 bit / Linux 64 bit.
Dionyssios Chalkias is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...