HELP! Color graing software . Which with Vegas? MBLooks do not work with Vegas 10!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #1
New Boot

HELP! Color graing software . Which with Vegas? MBLooks do not work with Vegas 10!!!

Hello,
i'm so angry and confused. I running Vegas Pro 10 and yesterday i spend 6 h trying to get it working with Magic Bullet Looks - and it doesent work. Cheking internet i found that people saying like MBL do not work with Vegas 9/10. The only version is 8. But this verson cannot wotk normal with Full HD files?!! I'm 5d m ii user and need full hd software to work with.I like Vegas 10 but color grading inside Vegas is terrible !!

Help guys! How you professionaly Color grade your HD footage if u are users of Vegas 9/10. Maybe tehere is any professional color grading plugins for Vegas 10?

I dont want to swith to Premiere cs5 as it is 64 bit system and cost money. There should be some solution!!

Thanks
Andy Sebkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: HELP! Color graing software . Which with Vegas? MBLooks do not work with Vegas 10

I wonder if this is something to do with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Does it work in the 32-bit version? If so, do what is necessary there and then transfer it to the 64-bit project if that's where you are doing your main editing.

Incidentally, I'm not too sure what you see as a problem with Vegas' own colour tools. Levels, Colour Curves and both Colour Correctors seem pretty sophisticated to me, especially when used in conjunction with one another. You can also use Frederic Bauman's White Balance Plug In in both versions of Vegas and this is an excellent tool.

Richard.
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: HELP! Color graing software . Which with Vegas? MBLooks do not work with Vegas 10

Magic Bullet looks works fine in Vegas 10 32 bit.
Just install the 32 bit version of Vegas as well as 64 bit.
If you want more high tech CC on a 64 bit level, try After Effects CS5 with Colorista, or its own Synthetic Aperture.
The tools in Vegas are good, but not on the same level as those two.
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Starting with the current version of Looks Vegas is no longer supported on any platform (32 bit or 64 bit) or with any version of Vegas. In fact, there is no longer an installer for Vegas so there is no way you would have got it to work. More to the point, when you purchase Looks it asks you which primary host you intend to use and Vegas is not listed any more. This would have been an early clue for you not to spend $399. How long ago did you buy Looks and where did you buy it?

Earlier versions of Looks DO work in the 32 bit versions of Vegas (even Vegas 10), but I don't expect you will be able to buy those from Red Giant any more.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Andy, you simply need to look here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...orrection.html

The LATEST version of MBL will not load in Vegas. You have to download the last version that did support Vegas. So if you've downloaded the most current version, that would explain why it is not working. Then it will only work in the 32-bit version of Vegas. You apparently need 1.4.2? You could see if RedGiant will give you a link to the older version.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Trustee

Ok, I must have the old version, had it over a year at least.
Works fine in 32 Vegas though.
The new version doesnt appear to be any different though from what i can see on the website.
Why Red giant, Why?
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Inner Circle

>>>Why Red giant, Why? <<<

Don't get me started ;-)
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Inner Circle

At $299.00, why wouldn't you consider Cineform and FirstLight for your color correction ? You can edit you project in whatever (even Cineform converted files) render you specific scenes in Cineform, then color treat that file in First Light for the final finish. First Light has a plethora of adjustments available that can be applied instantaneously to any Cineform file.
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Trustee

Chris,
see my response in the other thread quoted by Edward above, as an owner of First Light, I couldn't recommend it to anyone ATM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Trustee

as an aside - i would NEVER have described mbl as a colour 'grading' software.
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #11
New Boot

I have 32 bit windows. So i guess my Vista is 32 bit also. I downloaded trial version of MBL - and it doesent work. Sometimes Vegas carshes sometimes MNL cannot be loaded because of something.
If someone have older versions of MBL which stil can be runned in Vegas 10 i will be glad to have it.

Why MBL? All pro which work i really like use MBL or colorista or Mojo with FCP.

Thats why!
Andy Sebkin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...