How I Add Date & Time Stamps at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How I Add Date & Time Stamps

Being a Vegas noob and and PI who shoots lots of footage, I came here and searched the Webb for ways to insert time stamps into my videos where either the camcorder or file, or file transfer methods, do not allow it.

I asked these forums but found no simple answer if any. And if I missed it please point me to it.

Before anyone asks about the legality of it in court, FYI, any law practitioner can dispute any time stamp be it inserted or provided as recorded by demonstrating to the court how it can be adjusted in the cameras menu settings to any date or time. Then it comes down to the credibility of the provider and the rulings of the Judge and/or Jury.

I use a program called vDTS at AVCHD Time Stamp

It works off the date created or modified of the file and for .avi files mostly.

My application was for .mov files so I had to ......... Convert the .MOV file to an .AVI in Vegas but it changes the modify and created dates to when the conversion took place.

So…….. I read the help files and read up on the File/Preferences/Time Adjustment. BAM!

One has but to do the math between the “Date Created” of the .MOV file and the same for the converted .AVI file.

The only complication is “Only if Asked on the stand” one would have to be prepared to state in court that he inserted the time stamp for his own records & purposes.

I hope this posts helps other souls that searched as much as I had to.
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How I Add Date & Time Stamps

FYI: This program uses the original time and date (when the video was recorded). DVMP Pro 5 - view and date/time stamp AVCHD, HDV, and DV video files; also view and burn-in timecode and camcorder exposure details
Herm Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: How I Add Date & Time Stamps

Thanks, I do not see mention of .mov files.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...