Vegas 11 Crashing! Help! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 1st, 2012, 08:32 AM   #46
Major Player

Re: Vegas 11 Crashing! Help!

Edward, that's interesting because this version of Titler Pro has been more stable for me than previous versions.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM   #47
Sponsor: JET DV

That's good to hear. There's certainly been a LOT of work going on with both new features and stability.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #48
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schuchmann View Post
Dag, I may have found the answer to our problem with very frequent crashing on playback.

When I checked the Detail Report for the crash it listed an "Unmanaged Exception 0xc0000005"

So I did a search to see if anyone else had this and what they found.

From the Sony Vegas forum:
"This may not help in your situation but it helped me with my weird Vegas 10d crashes.

Do a Vegas "reset to default values"

Close the program. Now press CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the program's icon to launch it. Continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully up and loaded.

In newer programs, you will see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?" Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click Yes."

I tried it and so far so good!!

Just remember to check all of your preferences as they will be reset to default values.

Hope it helps.
Hello Jim!
YES! YES! YES!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much, Jim!

It works!!! After resetting all parameters and deleting all cached application data as you described, it's been rock stable, even on the big project with hundreds of clips!

I have to admit, I was quite sceptic to this procedure, but it turned out to be THE fix for me!

Thank you all for all your valuable input. Without them, I would probably have stopped using Vegas at this moment. Now I'm "back in business" and enjoy editing a lot :)
Dag Halvorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:59 AM   #49
Major Player

Don't know why I didn't try this before, but I've downloaded the latest build (682) of Vegas 11 32-bit and I don't seem to have the problem of the FX (color corrector etc) crashing the program every time as I did with 64-bit, build 683.

Rendering times in 32-bit seem longer, but it's a small price to pay if the program is more stable.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, i5 2500K processor (no overclocking etc) and 16GB of RAM.
Matt Bigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #50
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
Peter, make sure you're trying build 120402 of NewBlue Titler Pro. It includes improved anti-aliasing over the older versions.
Edward, a question. Installed 120402 and in v11 b683 and noticed the better aliasing.

The thing is I was led to believe that NewBlue Title Pro would run in both v10 and v11. Well it does and works fine in v11 but shows the NewBlue watermark in v10 even after entering the serial number. You also can't activate Titler Pro from the Start Menu 'Manage Activation' dialogue. Don't tell me you need a new licence for v10. Do you have any suggestions?

Chris Young
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #51
Inner Circle

Chris, the titler was a special "bonus" with the release of Pro 11 and only works on that version.
If you want it for Pro 10, you're going to have to buy it separately.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #52
Sponsor: JET DV

As Mike said, Titler Pro was bundled with Vegas Pro 11 and, therefore, will not show a watermark in Vegas Pro 11. As you've seen, it will run fine in Vegas Pro 10 (and other versions of Vegas as well) but will require a purchased serial number in order to remove the watermark in other versions of Vegas.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #53
Trustee

Thanks Mike, Ed.

Hmmm! Thought that might be the case. Oh well let's hope v11 is becoming more stable. Still using v10 for most jobs. Could still conform in v10 then open project in v11 for final titles I guess.

Chris Young
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #54
Major Player

Something I've noticed lately is that Vegas 11 is very stable when I work with MPEG-2 files, as soon as I start editing DSLR MPEG-4 files Vegas starts crashing on regular basis.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...