Titler Pro Update - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Titler Pro Update

Yes, I have reported it to NewBlue, but they don't seem to be able to replicate my fault...
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi Ian,

I'd be happy to help, except I have no mxf files to test! If you could send me a very short (10 secs?) file I will have a play. Won't be able to look at it until tomorrow evening though as I am on a job all day.

Cheers,

Ian . . .

ian@vit-media.com
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Ian, thanks, I have sent you a 60 mb mxf file via sendspace.com. I am not so entirely sure this is a new blue titler glitch, it may well be a vegas 11 glitch as I seem to have problems rendering out to 1080p even without titler content!! however, it is one of those niggly ones where sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

there error message is 'cannot determine the reason for this' or words to that effect.

I am kind of happy now that at least I can always render to full HD AVCHD and use those as a direct upload to youtube or vimeo, so for me it is not a great issue for now at least.

thanks for help

Ian C
Ian Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Hi Ian,

All received (made me smile!).

Which rendering template exactly are you trying to use and have you made any changes to it? I'm actually just off on a job soon so may not be able to play with this until later.

Cheers,

Ian . . .
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #20
Sponsor: JET DV

Ok, I didn't read through every post here but:

The current Vegas Pro 11 build is: 120402

You can see what build you have installed by going to Help - About on the Titler Pro GUI

If you installed 120411, please UNINSTALL it and then install 120402 - it can be found here:
NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Vegas has a standard interface for its plug-ins. Every other plug-in supplier respects that. So why does NB have to create their own interface, just to throw us off?
If you open any of our OpenFX effects, you will see it uses the standard Vegas layout. However, Titler Pro won't work in the standard Vegas layout so, yes, it does have a custom GUI. To get to the help, you simply go to the Help menu and there are several options there - including an option to open the help file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
They cannot even put the current build on their web site, and they do not include it in the name of the setup file, which always overwrites the old setup file, so we have no way of uninstalling it and installing an older version. Not to mention, you have to re-enter the serial number with every update.
We are listening to comments such as these and looking at what it would take to get the versioning information in other places. It's actually more difficult than it looks at first glance. We're also looking at the serial number issue - yes, right now you have to enter each time you install. I actually put a text file on my desktop with the serial number in it because I was installing so frequently but I realize that's not practical for 99.999% of the Titler Pro users.
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Hi again Ian

my error message comes with any attempt to render out to sony mp4 1080p or internet 1080p ...

I was interested to hear a poster who said that he can only render anything when titler is added as a filter rather than direct. I tried this hoping it was a solution, but still got an error message. Just wondering still if it is a vegas issue though?

thanks

Ian C

p.s. yes that guy struggled a bit to get his piece to camera done :)
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #23

What is the actual error message?
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #24
Regular Crew

it merely says - the error could not be identified
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #25

So there's nothing more to the error at all? That honestly does not sound like an error caused by Titler Pro.
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #26
Regular Crew

'an error has occurred whilst creating media file XXX..the reason for the error could not be determined'

is what it actually says.

what is odd is that it does this on two separate computers and they have different graphic cards, both windows 7.

it's a puzzle, and was a frustration until i found that you tube and vimeo will take avchd files no problem now really

I feel like it is a vegas 11 bug myself, but it's odd that it only happens when i render something to 1080 p and new blue titler is part of the mix?!

Ian
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #27

That's definitely a Vegas issue. I've seen that error message reported many times.
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Ian, did/can you try it in the 32bit version of vegas? I have found the NB titler pgm is much more stable in the 32bit version. ( that last update does work better in 64bit now ) One thing I noticed in the 64bit version, if you have a project with many NB titles, and mixed in video clips and you save the project, then hit the new button, vegas crashes for me say 60% of the time. In this case I have to close the project first, then hit new. It does not happen all the time but it happened right after I updated to this newest version.

They really did a great job in fixing "thebugs" in NB titler. If anyone gave up on it in the past I really recommend it now. I know I sent them my pet pev list and they fixed everything on it and likely many more things from other people too. Clicking on the text in the main window now works, the text paragraphs below have stopped jumping around when you try to edit the text, I can now edit the clips with out crashing in 64bit, the Main window now re-sizes properly if you use it on a 2nd monitor and seems to remember where you left it AND it keeps your settings too, they have speed up the addon now, it is much faster to work with, and when you try to adjust the length of a text paragraph it stopped jumping all over the place too. The best part is all of these things work in the 64bit version which I could only get to work in the 32bit version. Version 111115 ( along time ago ) worked in the 32bit version and I was able to complete my project and only now, I can open that project in the 64bit version and not have it crash. WTG NB.
Joe Kollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Ian, did/can you try it in the 32bit version of vegas? I have found the NB titler pgm is much more stable in the 32bit version. ( that last update does work better in 64bit now ) One thing I noticed in the 64bit version, if you have a project with many NB titles, and mixed in video clips and you save the project, then hit the new button, vegas crashes for me say 60% of the time. In this case I have to close the project first, then hit new. It does not happen all the time but it happened right after I updated to this newest version.

They really did a great job in fixing "thebugs" in NB titler. If anyone gave up on it in the past I really recommend it now. I know I sent them my pet pev list and they fixed everything on it and likely many more things from other people too. Clicking on the text in the main window now works, the text paragraphs below have stopped jumping around when you try to edit the text, I can now edit the clips with out crashing in 64bit, the Main window now re-sizes properly if you use it on a 2nd monitor and seems to remember where you left it AND it keeps your settings too, they have speed up the addon now, it is much faster to work with, and when you try to adjust the length of a text paragraph it stopped jumping all over the place too. The best part is all of these things work in the 64bit version which I could only get to work in the 32bit version. Version 111115 ( along time ago ) worked in the 32bit version and I was able to complete my project and only now, I can open that project in the 64bit version and not have it crash. WTG NB.
Joe Kollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM   #30
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
We are listening to comments such as these
Thanks, Ed, that’s good to know. :)
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...