DVD clip wonky at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD clip wonky

I used Vegas Pro 10 to make a production. However, after burning a DVD, I noticed a 5 second scene which runs reversed comes out wonky...like the fields have been reversed. I just looked at the scene and not only does it say reversed which is good, it has under envelopes "transition Progress" checked. Could this be the problem when the rest is BFF? I really can't be burning discs to find out.

Thanks
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: DVD clip wonky

I'm betting if you changed it from LFF to UFF (or vice versa - i.e. the opposite of whatever it is now) that it would come out OK. Because the reversed it, it could be interpreting the frames backwards.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: DVD clip wonky

I think you're right. I looked it up after your suggestion. Vegas reverses the field, too.
"With deinterlace method set to "none", Vegas assumes that the video is progressive and therefore doesn't have to do the re-processing."
This is why it automatically has under envelopes "transition Progress" checked. I unchecked it.
I now have deinterlacing set it to "interpolate" instead of "none" and will burn a test disc tonight.
Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...