More Plug ins for Vegas Video - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 6th, 2002, 11:34 AM   #31

FWIW....

The name "Vegas Video" has been discussed ad infinitum until the cows come home. SoFo has made it clear that there will NOT be a name change and has asked that the subject be dropped.

Many, many software makers and IT companies are currently at risk for having their stock delisted. SoFo is not alone and this is no surprise to anyone. NASDAQ will delist any company whose stock dips below 1$ per share....of which there are many companies, as I've already pointed out. SoFo is not in danger of going out of business.

Announcing this in the manner you did doesn't help anyone, least of all SoFo. I suggest we avoid panic statements and let SoFo (and the future) take care of itself.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2002, 12:57 PM   #32
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

"3 - SoFo may not be in business much longer - or at least not among the heavy weights - if their marketing people and deal makers don't wake up VERY soon and do their job right. Why? Because their stock is at a very high risk from being delisted if it doesn't get back above $1 very soon and stays there."

delisting does NOT mean BYE - BYE ... most stocks that gets delisted then go over to the NASDQ OTB board .. a further downfall would be the PINK SHEETS ... now it is more difficult to raise $$ when you are on the OTB ...

even filing for chapter 11 ( or is it 7) doesn't mean BYE BYE as you might see happening with UNITED AIRLINES - INFACT most companies come out of chapter 11 (7) in better/stronger financial condition because they get rid of DEBT ....

even PG&E is in chapter 11 which up till that filing date ALL so called finnacials adviser would have told you that the SAFEST place for your $$ was PG&E stock or PG&E bonds !!!
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2002, 04:19 PM   #33
Major Player

Ok folks, no one should count SoFo out but they are definately at risk. The stock falling from a high of around 64 to about 1 is a good hint.

Looking at their financials tells the story. Last year they had an operating loss of something like $16m on $26 million of sales. Sales were flat between 2000 and 2001. They burned through $14 million in cash leaving them about $9m left. Not a real encouraging trend.

This year has been better, if only by comparison. They have trimmed makerketing & admin costs and are still losing money but at a slower rate. In the first nine months of the year they burned through an additional $3m in cash.

My biggest concern looking at the numbers is that this will be the second year in which sales have been flat or declining. Anybody who says that the engineering is great so don't worry about marketing should take a close look at the financials.

Like my grandpa used to tell me, "If your income is less than your outflow, it is sure to be your downfall."

Rick
Rick Spilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 12:02 AM   #34
Regular Crew

The tech bubble gave a lot of cash out to a lot of companies. Based on this reality.
Looking at the last three years of the companies financials is not a crystal ball by any means.
The bubble burst but forge will recover. It was doing well before the bubble and the trend looks good for a full recovery.

IMHO
-Stable working systems motherboard configurations-
Rick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 12:37 AM   #35
Outer Circle

For what it's worth, it's not in the name so much as in the reputation and with the growing number of satisfied customers. Speaking of United, they owe my wife about $2000 US. Don't ask, it's a sad, sad story. Personally, I feel sorry for their workers, but hope to h_ll the people running the show get their just reward. But this will never happen, of course.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...