DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/6105-vegas-video-discussions-2003-a.html)

Gerald Lee September 11th, 2003 10:18 PM

Vegas titles have artifacts.

It's when I put white text on a pure black background.

It's no biggie, but I was wondering if there's a quick fix to this.

Thanks

Randall Campbell September 11th, 2003 10:41 PM

Gerald,

Can you provide some more details about what you are doing and seeing? Are you rendering to a particular codec (DV, WMV, etc.)? If so, at what resolution? Are the titles moving?

The DV codec can sometimes show a few pixels being the wrong color since color is only sampled every 4 pixels. To check to see if this is what you are seeing, try rendering to MPEG2 or WMV.

Randall

Jake McMurray September 12th, 2003 02:41 AM

I think there is an option to "open copy in soundforge"

Hugh DiMauro September 12th, 2003 11:01 AM

Rob Lohman: How do you de-interlace each clip on the timeline? When you set the preferences, don't the clips automatically get de-interlaced as soon as you pop them on the time line?

Rob Lohman September 12th, 2003 01:36 PM

I don't know, Hugh. I never de-interlaced anything in Vegas because
I shoot progressive. But if you add something to the timeline
right-click on the event and make sure the it is interpreted as
progressive (none) instead of lower field first. Also make sure
your project is progressive and when you output you set it to
progressive as well (default is interlaced EVEN with a progressive
project!!!!)

Dylan Couper September 12th, 2003 07:35 PM

Thanks guys. I found that the Graphic EQ did the best job of removing the hiss.

Jamison Olivieri September 12th, 2003 10:30 PM

Veags DVD Tutorial

I'm thinking about buying the 4 disc DVD training video on vegas 4.0 and wanted to ask you guys if you know about the video. Like is he on the computer doing samples or screen shots. I have heard alot about and have done my research but have not found out if he is on a computer or just talking.

Sean R Allen September 13th, 2003 12:01 AM

The broadcast safe filters are under Video FX and are called "Broadcast Colors". They allow you to set up clipping ranges for both Luma and Chroma individually, and with both combined. You can also add in setup.

Tor Salomonsen September 13th, 2003 04:03 PM

To remove steady noise, equalizing will go a long way. I once removed the sound of a working electric dishwasher from a shot where the person talking was less than 2 metres from the dishwasher in a small kitchen. But then I used the Sonic Foundry Noise Reduction. I actually bought it for that shot, because equalization got me nowhere. The manual has a section on how to use it with Vegas. And with Sound Forge, if you have that. It's magic.

G. Randy Brown September 14th, 2003 08:20 AM

Jake is right; choose "open copy in Sound Forge" save as many altered copies as you like and then choose which take you want in Vegas.
Randy

Federico Dib September 14th, 2003 07:01 PM

XM2 and vegas 4? Grazie you have both right?

Well I´m getting tired of the old Premier I have here.
and want to try Vegas as it seems to fit more my needs.

But the Sonicfoundry site doesn´t mention the Canon XM2 in their Hardware Compatibility and before downloading 40 megs on a modem I would like to know If I can use it with my XM2 for capturing and previewing in an external monitor and print to video and all that kind of stuff you do when do not have a deck...

Any problems with these???

Thanx

Edward Troxel September 14th, 2003 08:58 PM

Works fine with my XL-1. Shouldn't be a problem with the GL2/XM2 either.

Cosmin Rotaru September 15th, 2003 06:00 AM

Vegas4 and XM2 here! Works like a dream! :)

Federico Dib September 15th, 2003 07:51 AM

All right... Thanxs..

Dylan Couper September 15th, 2003 11:02 AM

duplicating sound channel

I recorded some audio in only one channel. I want to make it stereo. How do I duplicate that single channel into both channels?
Thanks