DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/6105-vegas-video-discussions-2003-a.html)

Peter Jefferson September 2nd, 2003 07:38 AM

Where is Boris for Vegas???

ggrrr.....

yes im still waiting...

hey does anyone here use graffiti? apparently it does vector texts... hmm...

any thoughts on what Boris for vegas will have??

Richard Alvarez September 2nd, 2003 11:16 AM

uhhh... it's being packaged with Avid XpressDV?

Edward Troxel September 2nd, 2003 11:46 AM

I read in another forum that they pushed the release date back inorder to make it more compatible with all the new NLE's that exploded onto the scene.

Peter Jefferson September 2nd, 2003 12:28 PM

BAHH HUMBUG!!!

well SoFo... have a look at the "what i wanna see in vegas" thread and get cracking!!

Mark Monciardini September 3rd, 2003 11:44 AM

Audio dropouts while printing to tape

Has anyone else had this problem?

While printing to tape the music will stop about half way thru the clip. I played the clip back on the computer and everything seems to be just fine. I've tried a number of things and I give up. Tried playing with sample rates but no luck.

The video is very smooth, looks terrific and no frames are dropped. It's just the darn audio.

I wanted to note that I am printing to a DVX100 and using 24p 2-3-3-2 pull down.

Peter Jefferson September 3rd, 2003 12:21 PM

hmm..
this usually happens on the PC end..

i know some AVI files are huge and wnblows wont allow a defrag, but is there any way to clean up your HD ?

what kind is it?

usually drives with low cache experience this

Mark Monciardini September 3rd, 2003 12:29 PM

Hi Peter. After reading on the Sonic Foundry boards it seems to be a major problem.

I have a custom built PC with a SCSI SeaGate 15,000 RPM drive 18 gig.

I'll try and defrag and see if that helps. Thanks.

Robert Poulton September 3rd, 2003 02:33 PM

Edit log

I'm just wondering if from Vegas I can export a spreadsheet of the clips in the timeline and when they start/end and when cuts/effects/transitions take place. I am not at my computer so I cannot see if there is anything I can do. But I know that there must be a way to do it. Or I think there might be a script that we could write.

Rob

Edward Troxel September 3rd, 2003 02:47 PM

Take a look at the Edit Details screen. You can copy and paste the information from that screen.

Robert Poulton September 3rd, 2003 04:02 PM

Thanks Edward. I'll do that once I get home in 20min. hehe off to editing.

Rob

Don Parrish September 4th, 2003 04:55 AM

Will vegas 4 handle new HD format

I will be getting V4 soon now and was reading the tech stuff for the new canon - sony - JVC - Sharp format. Sonic foundry's knowledge base search feature came up with the following info on supporting High Definition.

Editing
High Definition editing and output
Vegas 4.0 supports HD editing and rendering, including output to 1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 720/60p, 720/30p, and 720/24p. Output high definition video to .AVI, .MOV, MPEG-2, Windows Media 9 Series, RealVideo 9, .PNG and .JPEG sequences. Work with project sizes up to 2048x2048.

Will the 25p format planned by the canon - sony deal throw a curve to Vegas 4? It looked like they had planned on 24p.

Thanks

Peter Jefferson September 4th, 2003 05:04 AM

well, the drive isnt lacking thats for sure, even a defrag wont do much to help it, but you never know.

its a common problem, but as i dont print to tape, i really dont have any more ideas... :(

Edward Troxel September 4th, 2003 07:08 AM

Vegas is pretty well format agnostic. However, it cannot capture or print some formats. For example, it can EDIT HD, it just can't capture it or put it back to tape. With 24p, it can capture, edit, and print. I don't know about the new canon format but isn't 25p simply PAL?

Glen Elliott September 4th, 2003 08:23 AM

Mark I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem but SoFo recommends your final output to be standard 2-3 pulldown. So if you shoot in 24pAdvanced mode (w/ 2-3-3-2 pulldown) you should capture using the 24p template (that removes pulldown) do all prerenders with 2-3-3-2 but for final output it should be changed to 2-3.
Check out more info here:
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/forums/S...ssageID=175137

Hope this helps, though I'm skeptical this would affect your audio cutting out during export. Anything is worth a try!

Glen Elliott September 4th, 2003 08:25 AM

Yeah the PAL Canon GL-2 and XL-1s frame mode is 25p?!