DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q3Q4) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/98077-vegas-video-discussions-2004-q3q4.html)

Albert Rodgers August 27th, 2004 10:39 AM

Audio: Key (musical note) Change

Hey Guys,

I have a friend who is a vocalist. He is wondering can I change the key of some of his musical tracks. How can I do this in Vegas?
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Al

Edward Troxel August 27th, 2004 11:00 AM

Open the help file, do a search on "Pitch", and then select "Editing Event Properties" from the found list. The third item down is: Time-Stretch or Pitch-Shift an audio event and explains the proper keypresses to perform this function.

Simon Wyndham August 27th, 2004 12:37 PM

Dirt and ust on a lens, any way to remove?

Just found that some of my footage has dust on the lens, and the light is catching it showing it up. This is with a 16:9 lens BTW, typical of it's sort.

Now I realise that some of you may just tell me to clean the lens before I shoot. I just want to clarify that I do. But it seems there is some dust actually inside the element. With a matte box or some other way of shading the lens such things never show up. But these were Glidecam shots and I had no way at the time of shading it.

Anyway regardless of solutions at the time of shooting it's too late now. Does anyone know of any filters that might be able to remove such smudges and marks from footage?

Simon Wyndham August 27th, 2004 12:40 PM

Scott will announce the plug-in update very soon in the Sony forums. I'll let you know when it's up. He has just made a last minute modification for the user to adjust the amount of the effect they want, much like the adjustment in the Magic Bullet Opticals suite, so the release was delayed for a few days while he added it.

Edward Troxel August 27th, 2004 01:27 PM

It's there now!

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...plies=2&Page=0

Simon Wyndham August 27th, 2004 02:06 PM

Excellent. Enjoy!

Marcia Janine Galles August 27th, 2004 04:28 PM

Locking markers to events/clips while editing

OK, a search through the manual and these archives brought up nothing. Surely there is a way to lock the markers to the event/clip in the timeline. W/o that ability, any notes I make at exact points will shift around as I build the edit. I have noticed that I can do it in the trimmer, and then they don't move when the event/clip is moved about on the timeline, but you can't read those notes at a glance once you've cut it into the timeline, which is unacceptable.

Anybody?

Edward Troxel August 27th, 2004 06:25 PM

Is the "Lock Envelopes to Events" button on the toolbar turned on?

Marcia Janine Galles August 27th, 2004 06:39 PM

Yep. First thing I tried, though a marker isn't really an "envelope," is it? (I confess I still get thrown sometimes by what Vegas calls things.)

Didn't help anyway. Other thoughts?

P.S. I wandered by your site for the first time in months, Edward. Looking good!

Edward Troxel August 27th, 2004 07:25 PM

Thanks Marcia. I've put a lot of work in on it. Try this for your problem:

1) Turn on Auto Ripple
2) Click on the drop down beside the auto ripple button and choose "All tracks, markers, and regions"
3) Now try moving your clip - everything should transfer with it.

Marcia Janine Galles August 27th, 2004 09:45 PM

Okay, I see what I did now. I'd tried that because I was SURE that I did it that way before I left for production, but you have to let go of the clip on the timeline for the marker to reset, or "catch up." I was sliding it while holding the button down, expecting the marker would travel with it. It doesn't, but it gets there a nanosecond after you release the button. Phew! Thanks Edward. Again.

Adi Head August 28th, 2004 05:29 AM

prerendered file full with i don't know what

my PRERENERED file has about 4 GB of prerendered files in it. i have never used the prerender function. only FILES > Render as... and so on. one time i DID print to tape (and that is over and done with). could these files be leftover from the print to tape i did a while ago? what are these files? i want to get rid of these 4GB if they are unnecessary.

also i noticed that when i reverse a video event, a new clip appears in the media pool as the reversed clip. for example if i reverse the video event of clip 003 then "clip 003 (reversed)" shows up in the media pool. is this a prerendered file as well? if i erase clip 003 will it's reversed twin be erased as well?

Adi Head August 28th, 2004 05:36 AM

before uninstalling and reinstalling vegas

is there anything i should save or note down before uninstalling vegas 5 and reinstalling it?

i'm in the middle of editing a project and strange problems regarding rendering to mpeg have been bugging me. i want to try reinstalling vegas, but i'm a bit panicy regarding the unfinished project. i don't want to stupidly lose any vital information, etc.

for example: are custom set effect prefixes saved somewhere? can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Rob Lohman August 28th, 2004 06:03 AM

To take one step back, I assume it isn't normal to have such
"dust" **inside** a lens (attachment)?

Edward Troxel August 28th, 2004 06:04 AM

Yes, when you to a Print To Tape, it will render anything that needs rendering. This process will create the "Prerendered" files and place them where you've specified for your prerender folder. This is normal. There is even an option in preferences that will allow you to optionally save or not save these pre-rendered files on PTT.

When you reverse a clip, it is creating a SUBCLIP which is what you are seeing in the Media Pool. It is NOT a pre-rendered file. If you try to remove the original (non-reversed) media, it will tell you it is in use. Just leave both there.