Prospect HD -- various questions - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #121
Inner Circle

Thank you David for your prompt response as always.

I shall try the re-install.

It may well be my mismanagement of the software. I normally capture via HDLink and previously have capture-converted quite long files without problems, imported into Premiere Pro 2 and simply marked ins and outs and inserted to timeline and exported.

I don' t think there is too much wrong as the computer hasn't given up and asked me to phone home to Uncle Bill (Microsoft).

Last edited by Bob Hart; May 7th, 2007 at 09:35 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #122
Major Player

Prospect won't load now! Help!

Okay, I filed a support request with CF, but someone here might have a suggestion faster....help David ...!

I upgraded to Prospect and it loaded to the Premiere CS3 beta I also had installed, not to PP2. When I deleted the Premiere CS3 session, I also deleted CF Prospect, then tried to reinstall it. It keeps stopping halfway thru and saying it can't find the Premiere "Plugins" folder! It is there with the PP2 and working just fine.

I tried to delete anything refering to Cineform in the system hive, but all to no avail.

Any suggestions? Help, I need to work!
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #123
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Removing CS3 breaks PPro-2 for installers. You need to restore a registry key. The attached zipped registry keys (double click on them) will allow you to select and repair whether 2.0 or CS3 is the current version of Premiere for the plug-ins installer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adobe_reg_fixes.zip (665 Bytes, 87 views)
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #124
Inner Circle

Tried the re-install. Things didn't change. However, a test conversion of another long file went fine even with scene detect selected on, so it might have just been a faulty recording.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #125
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Removing CS3 breaks PPro-2 for installers. You need to restore a registry key. The attached zipped registry keys (double click on them) will allow you to select and repair whether 2.0 or CS3 is the current version of Premiere for the plug-ins installer.
Oh yeah! David, you get a medal! That's why you guys are on my list of "best in class"!

Thanks mucho, worked great!
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #126
Major Player

Prospect 3 crashing PP2 on stretches...bug?

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is this a known bug?:

ANY time stretch on a 1920x1080 CF'ed clip will crash PP2 when it tries to compile it. It's a showstopper, as it will complete crash out of PP2, disappearing "pop!" It starts to compile, then suddenly freezes and gives me a message about not having access authority or something to the HDD. I switched to another RAID and to a standalone Cheetah 10K drive, but same-o.

Anything I've missed on this?
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #127
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Working fine here. File a trouble ticket will full details to see if support can help you out.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #128
Regular Crew

Problem with Prospect 2K and PPro 2.0 in Vista

I am having some troubles with the Prospect 2K v.3 (I obtained an update from Prospect HD). When using any Prospect 2K template with Cineform 1920x1080 AVI files (captured and onverted awhile back using Prospect HD)I cannot render timeline when needed or export movie. At the end of the process I get a warning message (something like "disk is either full or you don't rights to manage it" but in spanish... I live in Madrid). I must say I'm using Windows Vista Bussines but until now I didn't encountered any problems. Using any other template (Adobe HD-SDI, Canon HDV, Adobe SD) I don't get any warning message and everything's working... I am the only user and always log on as Administrator and the issue occurs only, as I said before, in projects using Prospect 2K templates...

While waiting for help I tried to uninstall and install P2K again to see if this helps... Same problem but I've noticed that upon finishing the installation I get around 3 warning windows:

Microsoft Windows Server dejo de funcionar
(Microsoft Windows Server stopped working)

So maybe the install process is bugged somewhat, I also tried to install in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode to not avail.

Furthermore on this issue... If I try to convert existing m2t clips with HDLink as before a get the following error:
cfEncoder.CoCreateInstance(CF_ENCODER_GUID) (0x80040154 - Clase no registrada) in (ConvertGraph.cpp at 1632)

Exporting video using Cineform HD Export (from within PPro 2.0) is no no, when other export formats are working as usual...

Hope this helps.

P.S.: I opened a ticket on Cineform site but until now I have not received a reply.
Ruben Torrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #129
Major Player

Ruben, we don't support Vista yet. There are a number of installation problems that occur with Vista that we're working on. Hopefully we'll have something official for you in the next few weeks.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #130
Regular Crew

Thank you, David. Will wait then.

Ruben
Ruben Torrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM   #131
Contributor

Prospect HD timeline monitoring

I'm ready to purchase Prospect HD for my HD projects, but have some serious concerns about hardware specs and monitoring the timeline in PPro 2.0. I've got an "older" dual Xeon 2.8 ghz machine on a Tyan 2665 MOBO, 2 gig PC2100 RAM, and plenty of quick RAID storage (not the concern). I also need to monitor the Premiere timeline, so I was prepared to buy the Xena HS or LH line to do this. Now I have read of people having problems with these cards on "older" machines.

Is there a work-around for the timeline monitoring with another hardware system (video card etc...)? The Xena cards seem great, but I can't afford the Xena AND a new computer system right now...

Decisions decisions...

Stuart
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #132
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Xena HS or LH should work fine for timeline monitoring. The only issue we have for the classic Xeon is they where not fast enough for real-time HDSDI capture, yet we had a Xena HS in our old 2.8 dual Xena and it worked fine. When Xena for came out on the PC, 90% of AJA's PC customers would have been old Xeon based, so I don't know where you heard there was an issue.
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #133
Contributor

Here's one thread I found:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/217/541?

It was a single Xeon machine, but it still had me worried considering the expense of the card. I've got an e-mail into the AJA support staff with my machine specs. I've asked for their opinion on the compatibility issue. I'm actually thinking of the Xena LH card so I can monitor directly to a decent LCD 24" to 27" computer monitor.
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #134
CTO, CineForm Inc.

AJA should give you the best feedback, but I expect it will work fine.
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #135
Major Player

Prospect HD 2K UPGRADE / THUMBS UP !

Thank you David and Cineform team !

Took the 2k baby for a test drive / ... In plain Afrikaans / our language -

" Befok " - In English / ..... F...... awesome !

Happy from the Third World.

Herman.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase