Prospect HD -- various questions - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM   #91
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, the overlay is handled differently for performance reasons. Of course Prospect HD/2K users should opt for the AJA output if they can as that output is perfect.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:59 PM   #92
Trustee

I understand. However, not all my projects are SDI but HDV. Aside from that, I think there is a conflict with the graphics card video overlay switched on and playing back video full screen option. If I enable video overlay with full screen playback disabled, I get nothing. Only if I have both options turned on with Prospect do I get this switching issue.

With PPro 2's own HD-SDI and HDV modes, I can have overlay on and full screen off and it works as expected.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM   #93
CTO, CineForm Inc.

HDV projects are not restricted from HDSDI output and monitoring. Most of our Prospect HD Edit users are editing HDV or P2 media.

If a particular mode is flat not working, that worth submitting a trouble ticket on. Otherwise when you get you Xena card all your concerns with vanish.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM   #94
Trustee

Yes. I have the Xena HS installed on one machine, I just can't preview from it until my HD-SDI option board arrives for my LMD monitor. Then I can use two monitors for the PC and preview full raster on a third via Xena (so yeah, problem goes away for that). It's just that I have a second machine for edits only, without a Xena, and was hoping to get by with overlay for that.

I'll wait till I get the aforementioned option board. I may just have to spring for another Xena. Growing pains. Ugh. Thanks for your help.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #95
Major Player

ProspectHD and Slide show

I'm in a process of converting some old SD Premiere Pro 1.51 slide show projects to PPro 2.0/ProspectHD. The old projects are imported to PPro 2.0 ones such that the timeline consists of offline files, and only then the files are linked to 8-bit Photoshop files having sRGB color space. As a result, the system gets very unstable and results in some sort of memory problem.

To avoid the problems I have to export every slide (PSD-file) first to CFHD avi and then rebuild the slide show one slide at time from the avi-files. Any ideas, what is going on, and how the problem could becircumvented?

The computer should have enough resources; It's the most powerful Intel Core 2 Duo machine with 4GB of memory, the work HD's are configured as raid, etc.
Lauri Kettunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #96
CTO, CineForm Inc.

1.5.1 to 2.0 is not a reliable project immigration, I don't know why, but it is an issue with Premiere not the CineForm tools. You are correct in your discovery that CineForm AVIs can take fewer resources that image files. Your 4GB of memory unfortunately does not help 32-bit Windows applications, which can only address around 1.5GB each, so more memory only helps you run more applications. So to avoid the Premiere low memory warnings, you may need to break your project up into reels that are edited separately before splicing flatten exports together (this a how feature projects should be done anyway.)
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:46 PM   #97
Major Player

Positive Experience Prospect Hd

Been Pushing Prospect HD to the MAX ! for the past 3 months, neglecting
my wife . Cutting HDV Footage / 12 tapes down to 1 hour . The footage was
shot with "The Chainsaw' for an HDV related seminar here in Cape Town.

The purpose of the seminar was not based on branding cameras but pushing the format to the extreme / Motion encoding - stormy seas / colours /
hi light / shadows / noise / camera encoder quality / focus / movement etc. THe showreel for the seminar was cut on PPRO 2 AND PROSPECT HD, screened via HD projector.

The response was overwhelming from a crowd of experienced filmakers.
Canon SA - has teamed up for the next seminar.

Thank's to the Cineform Co. / Prospect HD/ A - ONE ! NUMBER ONE ! !
viva ! / Cape Town / South-Africa.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #98
Major Player

Prospect convert HDV 60i to 1920x1080 23.976

What settings are required to convert HDV 60i to 1920x1080 23.976, can it be done during capture (capture M2T file only then convert to intermediate later?) Audio sync issues?

Thanks
Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #99
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Depends of your source and software license. But in all cases you can do it is single step with the real-time cpapture convert, with scene detection on for prefect audio sync. Only Prospect HD or 2K is licensed to encode 1920x1080, otherwise you should stick with the HDV standards 1440x1080 (or down-res to 1280x720 -- which is a great solution for most HDV sources which can't resolve 1080p.) If you source was CF24 from a Sony Z1, or the 24p from Sony V1 you should use the remove 3:2 pulldown option. If you source is 24F from a Canon HDV camera, the 24p extraction is automatic (keep remove 3:2 pulldown option OFF.) If you source is standard 1080i60, then have "remove 3:2 pulldown" and "deinterlace" checkboxes set on.
Old March 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM   #100
New Boot

ProspectHd & Cineform Raw

Hello,
I'd like to know if ProspectHd is capable of encoding Raw files like Bayer16 into Cineform Raw. I'd like to know for the simple reason that one can have varied sources of footage, some being Raw such as from Reelstreams Adromeda or even industrial cameras.
It would be nice to know one can include all this in a single Cineform workflow.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM   #101
New Boot

ProspectHd & Blackmagic's HDMI

Hello,
I am aware that Blackmagic's Intensity is only capable of 8-bit 4:2:2.
I need clarification on if using ProspectHd with Blackmagic's DeckLink HD Studio HDMI and Analog Capture Card, & a camera like Sony's HVR-V1, will yield TRUE 10-bit cineform intermediate.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM   #102
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Prospect HD comes with the RAW decoder and support for RAW editing, but today the RAW encoding is licensed separately (currently only by camera vendors) as 99.9% of users have no need for RAW encoding outside of camera acquisition. When exporting CineForm RAW from an NLE or compositor you encode to CineForm Intermediate (or anything else.) Reelstream or industrial camera vendors are open to license the RAW encoder. If you personally have an application that needs a RAW encoding license, please contact CineForm directly.
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM   #103
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The Intensity card is capable of 10-bit over HDMI yet cameras like Sony V1U only support eight (not a Blackmagic limitation.) Even with 8-bit sources, Prospect HD can encode with 10-bit precision (for a true 10-bit Cineform Intermediate.)
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM   #104
Major Player

But only 1080i. . .

. . .not 24p nor 25p or am I missing something?

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...816#post633816
Mathieu Kassovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:26 PM   #105
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You are missing the fact that there is pulldown applied; 24p is typical carried in 60i via 3-2 pulldown (just as it is with Canon's XL-H1 XH-G1.) CineForm has been extracting pulldown in real-time for years now. So yes you get 24p from 1080i60 when using a Sony V1U.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase