Show Your Work 2007 - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old February 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #136
New Boot

a

Hey.
When the manager accidentaly shoots the actor in the head and says:"Are you ok?" - thats quite funny.
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #137
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Michael, I wish I was in the City, as I'd love to drop by and check this out. Please take a few pictures! Thanks for the invitation and hope it goes great for you. Best regards,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #138
Major Player

Yes indeed, shot in native 16/9 (720 25p). In post (vegas 7) it is cropped - obviously you need to check frame by frame if you need to change the portion to crop in order to get the right framing... Finally, the end result is an 1280x544 uncompressed file.
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #139
Regular Crew

Tribute to Tommie Smith & John Carlos

Hey Guys:

I didn't shoot this with my DVX, however I wanted to share this with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ffD0Cr2F8
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #140
Regular Crew

looks good, had the feel of a nooma video.
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #141
New Boot

First very short nature/critter demo

I'm a newb at this so any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

http://www.thehdepot.com/demo1hi.wmv (High Res, 1280x720, 40MB)
http://www.thehdepot.com/demo1lo.wmv (Low Res, 640x360, 8MB)

Thanks,

Bruce...
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #142
Inner Circle

Bruce:

Nice !! Hey post what you shot it with. Also, take note of UWOL challenge in the Under Water Over Land section of this board.... We will be seeing another in couple of weeks....
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #143
New Boot

Oh yeah, duh, that would help. All those shots were with a Sony HVR-Z1U, standard lens, cheap tripod, edited in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 with no effects/color correction/sharpening/etc. Thinking about it again I guess I should try to make everything "pop" a little more so perhaps I should go back and color correct/sharpen/etc.

Thanks for the info on the contest - I'll check it out.

Bruce...
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #144
Inner Circle

Popped just fine on my monitor. I'm shooting an FX1, but learning a bit about it and starting to do some of this outdoor stuff too... Nice to see such great stuff out of the Sony!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #145
New Boot

Stanley Hotel from novel "The Shining" teams with EPFF

The Estes Park Film Festival (EPFF) is proud to announce the addition of the historic Stanley Hotel as a screening venue for their second annual event this September 14-16. Independent short films in the Suspense/Horror genre will be showcased at the Stanley’s famous Concert Hall on Sunday, September 16th. The Stanley Hotel is famous among film aficionados for its inspirational role in Stephen King's novel "The Shining".

Known for its architecture and magnificent setting, the Stanley Hotel has been an Estes Park landmark since 1909. The hotel has been featured in film and television as one of America’s most haunted hotels, with numerous stories from visitors and staff.

The EPFF is headquartered at the historic Park Theatre in downtown Estes Park. Both the Stanley Hotel and Park Theatre are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

“Independent filmmakers now have a unique opportunity to present their films at both of these one-of-a-kind venues.” says Sean Doherty, Co-Director of the EPFF. “Imagine the excitement for the filmmaker, seeing their work screened at these landmarks of cinematic history.”

Last year’s EPFF was an incredible success, with over 1500 movie-goers enjoying 35 independent films from across the country. This year’s event will feature an expanded line-up of independent feature films, documentaries, short films, and student films, with an awards gala on the final night. The Estes Park Film Festival is dedicated to providing a platform for filmmakers from around the world to screen their newest productions in the relaxing and creative atmosphere of Estes Park, Colorado. The goal of the EPFF is to entertain, inspire, and advance a greater appreciation of independent film. The Estes Park Film Festival will also serve as a fundraising event to help renovate and restore The Historic Park Theatre to its original cinematic elegance.

For more info about the festival or to submit your own film, visit: www.estesparkfilm.com
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #146
New Boot

the audio is crazy,i really love it,i dont understand anything but like the way is narrated,so intense,and the shots are great,the only one thing that didnt convinced me is when she shots the guy in the head,her hand moved a little too late,but other than that i give it a 10,congrats man! only one question,where did you use photoshop? just in the gun shot effect?
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #147
Tourist

The Bridge < New Short

Hi there, My name is Freddy, and I am new here on the forums. Looks like you all have a neat set up here. I just thought i would say hi and show you my latest short film.

Its called THE BRIDGE and its 5 minutes long.
Its shot with a Canon XL2, edited in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r35reUDILh4
YOUTUBE

http://www.fcrabbath.com/rough.mov
QUICKTIME
80MB

It's an odd one, but i enjoyed making it.
Oh and this is my site showcasing my other films http://www.fcrabbath.com/
Fred

Hope you enjoy it. :)
NOTE: Music is temp til' the composer is done.
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #148
New Boot

wow,very,very good for only a month or two,what camera did you use?and the audio is it actually from the footage?or you recorded separetly?cause it sound very clear for being inside the car,good work man!!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #149
New Boot

me too,too bad i have to work,but if you ever have another screening,please dorp me an email, jblackroom@gmail.com thanks!
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #150
Regular Crew

The party was a blast. Sadly, I took no pictures. I spent too much time noisereducing, transcoding, and cheesebuying, so when the final bits rattled through the ol' video projector, I just wanted to drink with my friends, old and new.

The movies seemed to be well received, and I may have another screening in my future. In any case, I highly recommend the folks at Millennium Film Workshop; they're very nice, and the screening room is great for the video- (and film-) maker on a budget.

Michael
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work