HDLink -- various questions - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 19th, 2007, 04:01 AM   #106
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Glad your problem was easily resolved.

Sounds like you're using AspectHD 4.3.0, build 75? There was an audio playback bug in that build of AspectHD, and it has been replaced by version 4.3.1, build 76 which is available for download at Cineform's web site.
I hadn't noticed a new update and was indeed suffering from the audio issues as well.

Curious that WMP, After Effects and Audition could all 'see' the audio though. I was assuming I still had something 'not clean' but no worries.

Thanks for ther heads-up Pete. Will update asap.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:11 PM   #107
Major Player

Latest version of HDLink crashes?

Hi,

I haven't updated my installation for a while so I figured I would download the latest. Now it crashes every now and even trying to go back to the prior edition causes capture to crash.

I have a AMD Dual Core 4200+, 2 gb RAM et c and have a Sony HDR-HC1 that I capture from.

Regards, Fredrik.
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #108
CTO, CineForm Inc.

File a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #109
Regular Crew

HELP! Use HDLink Stand-alone

My laptop crashed this morning and I have to transfer 2 m2t files from a co-worker's laptop to an XDCAM deck with a TS card.

He doesn't have Premiere. If I install AspectHD, it will complain but leave HDLink. When I try to run HDLink, all looks well but the Deck is not getting a legitimate TS stream from the 1394 cable.

Is there something (probably) that didn't get installed becuase there was no Premiere on the system? If so, is there ANY way around this for this one-time transfer?

Thanks!

Stacy
Stacy Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #110
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Install NEO HDV, the 15-day trial will get over this hurdle. NEO HDV is Aspect HD without the Premiere plug-ins.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:42 PM   #111
Major Player

HDLink Convert fails

Hi.
I shot some video to my FS-4, HDV, 30P, from my V1. I concatenated the files in the usual way (copy /b 1+2...) from the FS-4. I loaded the resulting file into HDLink in the "Convert" tab to attempt a conversion. HDlink gets to about 188M and says that the conversion is finished.

I have AspectHD Build 5.0.0.81. The input .m2t file is 10G, and the file is fine--it plays in a couple different players without problem. The documentation about HDLink is rather sparse--I followed the HDLink instructions from the user manual, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of troubleshooting tips. The manual says to click the "Convert" button, but there isn't a "Convert" button--just Select Files, Select Folder, and Start. Maybe I'm in the wrong place?

What's going on here? Howcome I can't get the whole file converted? Kinda defeats the purpose of DTD recording...

By the way, I have scene detection turned OFF, if it matters.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #112
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There was a bug, now fixed. Download the latest version.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #113
Major Player

I will do so, probably tomorrow morning, and report back.

Is that bug listed in a Cineform public bug tracker that I should have been able to search through but didn't?

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #114
Inner Circle

David.

Did this bug also exist in Prospect's HD Link?
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #115
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, all products rev'd to x.0.1 versions last week.

The update log is here : http://www.cineform.com/products/Asp...#AHD_UpdateLog

Weirdly this particular fix is not listed -- there is often more in each release then we find time to document.

Check out the "What's New" section on the CineForm home page to learn about updated. One day we should make this an RSS feed.
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:45 AM   #116
Major Player

David,
The update appears to work. There seem to be a couple cosmetic issues. Mainly, the size processed doesn't update and is blank sometimes (down in the bottom dialog box). Also, I'm curious about where the actual converted file is stored during the conversion. The output file shows a size of 0Kb until the conversion is finished, and I can't see any temp files relevant to the conversion. It'd be handy to keep track of the size of the converted file, or to have the progress bar update, maybe with time remaining or something. I can extrapolate time spent/time remaining, approximately, if I could see how fast the file size was growing. I have a pretty good idea how big the CF files get for a given time, but an accurate progress bar would be much better. Just so's I know how much coffee I can drink during the conversion...

I'd really like to see the update process smoothed out--it should not be necessary to uninstall a product to install an update. Cineform is a bit unusual in that respect, in my experience.

Anyhow, those are just cosmetic issues, but would really enhance the product. Functionally, for the product's core tasks, I'm really happy with the purchase.

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #117
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thank you Matt, we see why the progress bar stopped working.
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #118
Major Player

HDlink with Sony M25U

Is this supposed to work? Running XP. OS sees the unit when I plug in the FF. But, HDlink does not see. HDVsplit does not.
And capture in PPro2 does not see.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #119
Regular Crew

I have the M15 unit and it works OK with HDSplit and HDLink. Did you remember to switch the deck to HDV? Otherwise it will identify itself as standard DV-deck and HDV capture apps cannot see it.

Hope this helps.
Matti Remonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #120
Major Player

What is interesting is I hooked up my VX2000, and it is not seen either.
So, something funky is going on with my system, I think. Will have to mess with a few things and see what may be going on. I know when I plug any of my devices in, the OS sees them just fine. Now, if I change to generic HDV device control, I can control the M25. But, if I change to CF HDV control, the
buttons all go gray.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase