Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 6th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #451
Regular Crew

Try recapturing like 10 minutes of the video and see what happens.
Old August 6th, 2003, 09:58 AM   #452
Wrangler

I am not sure if freeing or defragging will do. Some NLEs get a little fussy about defragging in the middle of a project. Rendering might help prevent that.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #453
Wrangler

I tried to recapture 10mins and for some reason the machine fell over - however I do not believe thats the issue. And freed up some space on the HD.

I am running a DV500+ capture card and so thought OK lets see whether they will play in DV tools. And blow and behold they all played correctly in there all saying the correct size - not a problem.

So I created a Premiere storyboard in DV tools of what I had created. Closed DV tools and opened Premiere, imported the storyboard and still Premiere thinks they are only a couple of minutes each - Man this is getting annoying.

I also tried un-installing and re-installing Premiere but that did not work.

Anything else?

Cheers again,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 6th, 2003, 02:21 PM   #454
New Boot

Here is a really wierd possibillity...if you are using a pc.. I don't think it will be the answer. but worth a try. sometimes windows gets confused as to the size of the hard drive as reported by the hard drive to the program.
Try running scandisk and see if it says that windows is reporting the wrong size for the drive. if it is, then use the option to repair that error. I have had this happen on a few machines when I know that there is enough room but a program says there is not... Do not let scandisk repair the errors automatically, otherwise you will never know what the error was, if there was one...
Roy
Old August 6th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #455
Trustee

"faster" NLE software than Adobe Premiere 6.x?

when you preview something on premiere it seems to take forever even for a small 5MB file. the workflow just seems to hectic. i've played around with it but haven't had a chance to edit an entire 30min-40min short. but just from playing around with 5MB file Prem 6.x is just so slow. i hope Prem "Pro" is truly re-written from scratch =). i've used apple's "Final Cut Pro" when you drag clips around, manipulate them, preview, etc. it just seems so much faster. 2bad i can't get that for the PC. what's the 'fastest' NLE software on PC?
Old August 6th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #456
Regular Crew

I can't offer a whole lotta insight, but I will say that I recently tried Vegas 4, and I'm VERY impressed with it over Premiere. Specifically, the workflow. It’ll take some getting used to... but I'm going 100% Vegas.
Old August 7th, 2003, 03:16 AM   #457
Regular Crew

Download the Scenalyser capture program (there is a demo version at www.Scenalyser.com) and see if you can view the entire clip. Although this will not solve your problem I guess it will indicate if there is something wrong with the capture and the saving of the files to the disk.
Old August 7th, 2003, 08:52 AM   #458
Regular Crew

Scrolling credits in Premiere

whats the easiest way to make scrolling credits in premiere? i can' figure this one out..

thanks,
ryan
Old August 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM   #459
Wrangler

Use the title designer File> New> Title.

Depending on what version you have will depend on how you go about creating them in Title designer.

V6 or V6.5?

All the best,

Ed

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 7th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #460
Wrangler

Hans thanks for the suggestion,

I have done the same sort of thing you are talking about but used DV Tools - created by Pinnacle and comes with the DV500+ capture card. They all worked in that program!!!

Thanks,

Ed

Old August 7th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #461
Regular Crew

i have 6.0

so i make the title.. use the rolling title tool.. and thenwhen i put it in.. it'll work out the motion?

thanks..
Old August 7th, 2003, 09:44 AM   #462
Capt. Quirk

I have never used the scrolling tools in Premiere, but have had good results using individual cards, and use the motion settings. I start with the card at the bottom of the screen, and finish with it at the top. Then the next one, and so on. It works fine, and I have found it easier.
Old August 7th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #463
Wrangler

No - You will have to right click on your text in the rolling box and then I think its rolling options and possibly there you type in the duration of the credits.

I have not used V6 for a long time 6.5 title designer is completely different

All the best,

Ed

Old August 7th, 2003, 01:40 PM   #464
Regular Crew

i got it worked out.. thanks everyone..
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:07 AM   #465
Major Player

I also use the DV500 and Premiere. I really can offer no ideas as to why this happened, but I think I CAN offer a solution to let you use that captured footage.

If the full clips open in Windows Media Player, They will probably open just fine in Quicktime Player as well. You will need Quicktime Player Pro ($30 license from Apple) in order to export.

Open the smallest of the clips, verify that it opens properly, then export from Quicktime Pro as an Quicktime DV codec movie. Make certain that your field and audio settings are identical to your original clip. You might also try breaking up the clip so that no individual file is over 2 (or is it 1?)GB (I've forgotten all the GB limitations with NT,2000, NTFS, Maxtor device drivers, Premiere presets - oh, my head hurts!). Verify that Premiere will now recognize the file using Quicktime DV project presets. You can edit as normal, but maybe without the DV500 live monitor preview.

I'm pretty sure that QT Pro will not re-render the DV data, but will just file-copy it, changing the Pinnacle.avi wrapper to a QT .mov wrapper for the same DV data. That way, it should be a relatively quick conversion. You might even be able to use QT Pro to then convert the files BACK to Pinnacle .avi's. Only problem here is you will have to free room on your HD in order to process the 9 and 12GB monster files.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite