Any site / server problems -- post here. - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old June 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM   #151
Obstreperous Rex

Haven't checked via Mac yet, but with a PC using Internet Explorer, I can verify this behavior. Chrome and FireFox work fine for me with regard to double-clicks. We'll put it on the list of things to do.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM   #152
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Mac (OSX10.4.11) using Safari 4.0.3 double clicking selects the word just fine.
Old June 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Vimeo "New Player" Option

If you pick "Switch to NEW Flash Player" on Vimeo your browser will no longer show Vimeo videos here at DVInfo.net.
I hope DVInfo has an answer for that issue soon!
Meanwhile, I've gone back to the "OLD Flash Player"
(using Firefox)

Last edited by Rusty Rogers; June 30th, 2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added browser
Rusty Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:23 AM   #154
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for the FYI, Rusty -- we'll look for a solution to that issue a.s.a.p.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #155
Regular Crew

Embedding links, and other tools missing?

Where are the tools/buttons for embedding hyperlinks, styling the text, and that sort of stuff? Didn't there used to be a toolbar for that?

I've attached a screenshot that shows what my thread reply web form looks like.
Dave Therault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #156
Regular Crew

Following on that post, no image is uploading. Thanks.
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #157
Regular Crew

Am I doing something wrong, Chris? Isn't there supposed to be a toolbar that allows text formatting and link embedding? Thanks.
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #158
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Therault View Post
Where are the tools/buttons for embedding hyperlinks, styling the text, and that sort of stuff? Didn't there used to be a toolbar for that?
I don't recall those tools being activated at DVinfo (if so, it has to have been at least several years back) and I know Chris would generally prefer folks stick to clearly written plain text. We mods will occasionally manually insert bold or italics vb code to put minimal formatting to emphasize a point in some messages, but not routinely.

For file attachments, make sure that the file is of an acceptable format for vBulletin, and doesn't exceed the allowed file size for its particular format.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #159
Regular Crew

Thank you, Pete. Okay, l was able to upload the image today. I understand about text formatting, but I can't figure out how to embed a hyperlink with descriptive text.

Here is a link to a thread I started, in which I embedded links with descriptive text:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-vid...-170-sale.html

But I cant' figure out how to do that again. I thought there was an "insert link" button somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Any site / server problems -- post here.-dvinfo_test_screenshot.png  
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #160
Regular Crew

Oh, now I see. It just takes the web page title as the descriptive text. No user editing of that. Okay. Now I get it. Thanks again.
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #161
Inner Circle

Actually, not necessarily, and you can edit the descriptions. It's all about how and where you place the brackets and = signs in your links. If you just paste in the address, such as "http://www,dvinfo,net/" (I've replaced the periods with commas so the preceding text doesn't format as a link), it looks like this: Digital Video News, Reviews and Forums at DVInfo.net, which is the page description. When you paste that link, it goes onto your post looking like this: [url=http://www,dvinfo,net/] (again with commas here where the periods should be).

But if you move the brackets around and add some text, so it looks like this [url=http://www,dvinfo,net/]the coolest forums ever[\url] (I've reversed the final slash before the final url in the brackets so it won't go as an actual link) it comes out like this: the coolest forums ever.

And if you "Go Advanced," you can select the text (not by clicking the whole word, unfortunately; that still doesn't work) and by using CTRL-I or CTRL-B, you can add italics or bold.

If you edit your post after submitting, you can usually just change the text in the link.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #162
Regular Crew

Adam, thanks. This is really good to know. A couple of things. I don't see a go advanced option. Can you please point that out to me? And with the control+ keystrokes work with a Mac?
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #163
Inner Circle

Not a Mac user so I'm useless in that regard. If there isn't a crtl key equivalent, all that really does is surround any selected text with [i] and [\i] for italic, and [b] and [\b] for bold, again reversing the slashes so they'll be visible to you in this post. Use the forward slashes.

In order to see the Go Advanced option, you first have to submit, then hit Edit. On the Edit page the Advanced option should become visible, at least in IE.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #164
Regular Crew

Got it. Don't see it working on the Mac. Thanks again, Adam.

Last edited by Dave Therault; August 26th, 2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Changed, Scott to Adam. I was thinking of someone else.
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #165
Inner Circle

See edited post #163 for Mac workaround.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements