Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:42 AM   #166
Regular Crew

nancy what are you shooting with? i might be able to come out and give you a hand. send me an email with some details. thanks
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:57 AM   #167
New Boot

Hi, Kris. Nice to meet you after seeing your posts here. We're shooting with the XL1s. We also have a back-up XL1. We're pretty well equipped, except for *people.* :-) I'll contact you off-line with more details.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:43 AM   #168
Inner Circle

Maybe we could start a DC/Northern VA user group? There is one in Bethesda, but that is quite a trip for me and others. Any ideas?
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM   #169
Major Player

I've been to the one in Bethesda once. I think I would have an easier time making downtown immediately after work rather than evening in the suburbs even though Bethesda is not that hard for me to get to.

What does it take to start something like that? Find a room somewhere and put an announcement on the boards? A different list I'm on does lunch/happy hour sorts of gatherings for sub-groups, which keeps it less formal and avoids the finding a room part.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:17 PM   #170
Major Player

Sounds great... I am in Mount Pleasant, which is just the next area up from Adam's Morgan. I have enough space at my house or office to get a decent sized group together.... The house is roomier, and has the TV, the office has the computer....

I am definitely up for a monthly get together ... show films, talk shop, I'm all over it...
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:33 PM   #171
Inner Circle

sounds good. Where is Mt Pleasant?
I bet we could find some space in the DC metro area that would be good for everybody. Hopefull near a metro stop.

I could probably get my hands on a portable lcd or dlp projector, and I have a laptop fast enough to show dvd and/or Quicktime/WindowsMedia stuff. Don't have a DV VTR though.

I could put together a portable digital theater and bring it to where ever.

Even though I use Vegas, I'd prefer a group that concentrated on actually making movies and/or discussing them, independent of platform or software.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM   #172
Major Player

I agree on platform/software independent. I think I'd end up in a really small group if I were only looking for people who did exactly what I do (Premiere 6.5 for web only delivery). Besides process and aesthetics make for more interesting discussions anyway imo.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM   #173
Major Player

The closest main intersection to my house is probably 16th & Columbia... I am about a 10 minute walk from the Columbia Heights Metro...
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:50 PM   #174
Inner Circle

As a DC newbie, where is Columbia Heights? Say in relation to Union Station (I think that is the main metro station in DC).
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM   #175
Major Player

http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm

Here's the metro map. It's the green line toward greenbelt if you're coming from downtown.

PS: most people would say metro center is the main metro station, Union station has the metro run through it (red line only) and is the main amtrak/marc/vre station.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:41 PM   #176
Inner Circle

>>PS: most people would say metro center is the main metro station, Union station has the metro run through it (red line only) and is the main amtrak/marc/vre station.
<<
Thanks, as I said, I'm a DC newbie.

looks like I can take the blue or orange from Rosslyn to L'Enfant plaza then take the green right up to Columbia Heights.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:10 PM   #177
Major Player

I am all for the platform independent discussions also.... the technical issues can be resolved through text... the face to face time I think is better spent on the artistic/inspiration issuess...

I'm excited.

Barry
Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM   #178
Major Player

Roanoke, VA - Grip/Camera Operator Needed

I've been learning a lot in the last year, working on a music docementary. One thing I've learned is that I could probably get better footage if I had at least 2 people to run 3 cameras instead of one person running all of them.

I'm looking for some one familiar with the Sony TRV 950 and live music. The person will run the camera during shows and handle a mic boom for pre show B-roll shots as well as a variety of on-set duties such as moving props or setting up equipment.

The next shoot will be in Charlottesville VA 4-23-04 and two more in May, 5th and 29th. More to be scheduled.

I've been working on the project for the last year and would like to find a person who is willing to work for little money and the experience, as well as a listing in the movie credits.

Must be in Roanoke VA or able to get here or to the shoots. The band is a rock band which plays from NYC to GA and in between. The band's web site is indecision.com and a sample movie trailer can be seen at daveperry.net/pages/movie_trailer.html
Old April 4th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #179
Major Player

Need Shooters in Texas, Utah, Abu Dhabi....

I've got a couple of long term projects that require some sooting in some varied locations. We're not going to be able to cover all of the locations because of the scheduling overlaps, so I was hoping to find some community members that might be able to do some pickups in some pretty varied locales.

Right now I'm looking at Abu Dhabi, Houston Texas, Salt Lake City Utah, and some possible Pacific Rim locations. I'd like to find a few Xl1s shooters so that we can accurately match setups, but due to the variety of locations, I'd also like to hear from DVX users. Hey we're all one big family after all.

Thanks,
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:04 AM   #180
Regular Crew

What exactly do you need in Utah? E-mail me with specifics.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands