Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 16th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Check out our first project : http://www.sundevilpictures.com/lesavon.htm

Dont forget the login and password at bottom.

Also, here is a screen shot of a model built for "The Siberian Farce". This is a model of a run-down Russian underground missile silo complete with Inter Conntinental Ballistic Titan (approximatelty 1/30th scale). All model sequences were shot on an XL-1s with standard sticks. "Farce" marks our third project. It is in the final stages of post production and will be on the web soon.

http://www.sundevilpictures.com/media/silo.jpg
Old January 16th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #47
MPS Digital Studios

Videographer/Editor available for work in Florida, USA

Hi everyone,

I'm ready to move on from the TV news business into more full-fledged video and film production. I'm an experienced Final Cut Pro editor, digital and BetaCAM videographer, TV and film writer, producer and director. I live in the South Florida area, but am willing to travel.

I have extensive experience in all aspects of TV, film and video production. I recently worked in Los Angeles and Orange County editing a small TV show. My first feature film, SKYE FALLING, has just gone to DVD and VHS.

For a copy of my resume, please email me at heath@mpsdigital.com and I will send along a copy.

Thanks,

Heath McKnight
Old January 16th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #48
Regular Crew

LA based Shooter Available

I'm new and thought I would introduce mysef. I am a Director of Photography with 15 years experience. I've shot 14 features, numerous shorts, commercials and music videos. I won an Emmy for a short I shot which aired nationally on PBS. I'm always looking for interesting projects.

DV: I own a DVX100
Film: Arri SR
Lights: 10K light package

You can check out my demo reel and resume on-line at www.scottspears.net.

IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817387/

Anybody who has an interesting projects going, fire me an email.
IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817387/
Old January 17th, 2004, 07:06 AM   #49
RED Code Chef

So that silo shot is coming from the XL1S? Impressive. Are you
using any kind of macro lenses or anything?

I can't watch the movie because it is in RealPlayer format and
that is almost the only kind of software I won't install on my PC's.
Sorry. It just does too many stuff I don't like and I've had it
completely screw up multiple systems of mine in the past.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old January 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Rentals in San Diego

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some good rental equipment places here in Sunny San Diego.

Lights, audio equipment and camera gear.

Thanks

Joe
Old January 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #51
Regular Crew

We use a 16x manual lens on the XL-1s for shooting miniatures. I don't blame you for not using RealPlayer. I don't even have it installed. hehe.
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #52
New Boot

Baltimore/DC Metro Area DV filmmakers?

I've been living in the Baltimore area for a couple of years, and I was excited to accept a job in the city because I thought there were a lot of independent filmmakers in this area. Unfortunately, it's been an audious task to get in contact with any of them.

Are there any indi-filmmakers in this area that are interested in joining creativity and production forces? If you already have your own thing going, is there room on your team for a young enthusiastic filmmaker. I'm currently putting a few projects together as part of my application to graduate film school, but I do have other projects that I'm willing to show anyone interested.

In addition, I'm developing a TV show that will be on the Public Access channels in Baltimore and DC. Ironically, this show will focus primarily on showcasing short-short indie films.
I'll put up another posting very soon to request submittals from filmmakers, so keep that in mind, and also keep in mind that the films will be aired on tv, and thus the contents should be accepted by whatever regulations the TV station puts forth. There will be more details on that.

But in the mean time, any filmmakers in this area, or PA, VA, Delaware...even NJ that are looking to reach out and work with an up and coming filmmaker....should definitely holla @ me.
kemeson@wrallp.com.

Thanks for taking the time and looking at this. Have a good day.
Old January 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Final Cut Pro Editor Needed In Tokyo

Greetings.

My company urgently needs a video editing guy (or gal) fluent in Final Cut Pro and Japanese to work on a large video project in the Tokyo area. The work consists of editing 10 corporate videos (marketing/PR, etc.) that will be used during a convention in early February. Ideally, we would like someone who can start working early next week (01/26) and be available every weekday until February 4. Email me for details if you are interested.
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Need GL2 Operator in Chapel Hill NC

Not a paying gig, but I am looking for folks with the GL2 who are interested in working in multi-camera setups as part of an indie short. Please see www.turnipvideo.com for details.

We recently did a location with 3 cameras and the results were great. We shot two scenes with multiple angle coverage in under 90 minutes. A great deal for actors and crew. Adds a lot of flexibility for scenes whose naturalistic lighting and small number of actors are suited to it.

This is an ongoing interest and open ended requirment. If you are located in the central part of North Carolina and are a pro looking for some fun or a recent GL2 owner looking for a more professional experience, please contact me.
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #55
Wrangler

Really nice stuff Seth. I'll keep you in mind if I need any models. Can you give us an idea of what some of you stuff costs to build, or your hourly rate?

Personally, I'd get you to build models just to put in my office, but my woman says that isn't a valid business expense. :)
Old January 21st, 2004, 09:45 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Hey Dylan, thanks for the reply. I mentioned above that my costs are very flexible. Scale and detail are the two most important factors when determining costs, if any. These things get hammered out during the bidding process. It all boils down to the fact that I want to do F/X, props and models for small to large DV/film projects as well as make a name for Sundevil Pictures. There is no project too small. I can work around any size budget.

Have some sort of an idea of what you want/need for your project? Drop me a line!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:22 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Internship

Hello Everybody,

I am looking for a summer internship in Orange County, California. E-mail me if you are interested at David@dbpaintball.com

David Applegate
Old January 24th, 2004, 01:52 AM   #58
Regular Crew

DV Shooter and Editor in AZ

I have a XL-1S, wireless mics, tripods, and a laptop with capture capabilities. I can cut on pretty much anything. I have worked with most NLE's. Looking for work in any field.
Old January 24th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Hey Man,

Thanks for the Email, I am out of town right now and cant send or recieve any msg's. I am definatly interested in talking to you more about the projects you memtioned. As soon as i get back i'll send you another email and maybe we can discuss it more.

Just like you I've been looking for people in the area who are interested in working together. It's tough going but im determened to find some people who are serious about this and get some type of filming exsperiance. After all people who really care about film can only do so many No-Budget Horror flicks useing a hi-8 or Super-lo end 1 CCD digital cam before they go insane :). My friends and I hit that point and we are doing our best to try and make something that we could be proud of!

Talk to ya soon kenny, and to any other people in the area.....for the love of god...please post something if your out there!!

Later,

Kris
Old January 25th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #60
RED Code Chef

David,

I'm not suspecting you are going to get any responses to this.
Why? Because you gave absolutely no information AT ALL
besides the location and your name.

I've been in the position to do job interviews at my company
and in your case there is a lot of information missing:

1) are you going to school? If so, which one, what are you following and which year are you

2) what length of internship are you looking for

3) which area(s) would you want to intern in

4) how many hours a week?

5) what kind of companies would you like to intern in

With your current question you might get an e-mail from a
gasstation that wants you to learn how to pump gas....

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands