Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 14 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #196
New Boot

Atlanta: Seeking a Creative & Energetic Assistant Shooter

Hi,

Seeking a creative and energetic assistant camera-person with flexible hours for a new video shoot of new pending security door brace/lock that stops violent home invasions and burglaries. Over the past few years I have personally scripted, shot and edited (with help) most of hour product videos. I am far from an expert, however I believe our current product videos convey the intended message.

Please review the following links:

ShatterGARD Window Protection Film - Demonstration

YouTube - FogSHIELD

FogSHIELD Security Foggers, Stops A Burglar in Their Tracks once demo plays, click on video selector on right of page and choose from various videos.

So the above links give you a rough of idea of the type of production and story line were seeking on our new product. I will probably will shoot a mock home invasion, a before and after scene with our new lock installed etc. Believe it or not I have already built an indoor set at our Atlanta office consisting of a lit façade of a home with doors, brick facing etc.

I like to shoot with two and three cameras simultaneously. I presently utilize a Panasonic AG-DVX100B, JVC Hard drive CCD and Cheepy Panasonic cam. Should you happen to have a good camera and/or have the ability to also edit the footage-that would be great.

Recap: Can you operate a camera, set up lighting, tripods and possibly edit the footage? If your looking to make extra money and have fun.. then I have several projects waiting for you!!

Thanks very much,

Jordan

Last edited by Jordan Frankel; May 12th, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Adding Info/typo
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #197
Trustee

Haha, love that fog thing, reminds of those baked beans I had a party once. I'm curious, what happens if the burglar breaks-in when I'm at home? Do I have to remember to disarm it?

BTW, I think it would be more effective if you started with a title screen, perhaps with, "Watch What Happens When a Burglar Goes Up Against Fogdog."

One more if I may. The music seems wrong to me for a burglary. You need a stealthy, suspense-building tune.

Finally, not sure, but that appears to be an interior door. Could cause a credibility issue.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #198
Obstreperous Rex

The market for this gig has been established as the Atlanta area, but there should be some indication of how much time will be required and what pay rate is offered, even if it's in the form of a request, such as "please let me know what your day rate is." To establish the number of shooting days required, the target run time should be stated... will this be a half-hour infommercial, or a thirty-second spot, or a three-minute web video, etc. -- or all of the above?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #199
Major Player

I am not too far away, my parents live there, so lodging not a problem. at your disposal would be an EX1, HMC150 and probably a Canon A1 w/firestore. when you come up with rates and time, drop me a PM or email.
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #200
Trustee

Jordan, I am a long time resident of Atlanta. I life in the Virginia-Highlands area. Sounds like this could be fun. I shoot with the Canon XL-2 w/both 20x and 3x, but have access to other equipment. I edit on Vegas Pro 8. Bob Safay
Old May 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #201
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart View Post
My guess is that you will also chronicle your adventure to-camera frequently. There is a good little story in that depending on how far you want to take it.

Some film sets are closed to crew cameras. Take care to enquire beforehand if you want some happy snaps and of course do not let this activity cause fault to your work.

Good luck on your journey and enjoy.

It probably would not hurt to blog your adventure on this site every week or so. Be mindful to check with any ADs on a project that it is okay to do so and to draw the line on what information is allowed to go out. Some may be happy for all the free publicity they can get, others may want to stay quiet until a time of their choosing.

(Young people these days - all the upfront confidence in the world or putting up a good front. Regardless, the world is not doomed for lack of motivation in the current generation).
Thanks for the recommendations.

I'll be documenting lots of the trip, and I will be mindful to not let this interfere with any of my work.
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #202
New Boot

I would love to help.....

mike_tucker@bellsouth.net

Thanks for the post!

Mike
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #203
Regular Crew

I'm in Atlanta and if you need a dedicated sound person or a PA please email me at ccproductions803@gmail.com

http://www.freewebs.com/ccproductions803

Thanks
Nicole
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #204
New Boot

Update to Seeking Atlanta Shooter Etc From Jordan Frankel

My Wants & Needs:

2-3 minute type web and TV type Infomercial

Before and After Demos- maybe 10-15 seconds long and can probably be pulled from the infomercial.

News Real Footage that can be sent directly to new networks.

* Most of the shooting will be conducted at my Doraville offices. (We built a set) however their will be some off-site shooting for the quick home invasion sceen, additionaly I require some exterior shots of homes, doorways, driveways etc. All ready have the locations lined up. I expect the shoot to take less then two days..but then again-I don’t know that for certain.

I require assiatnce with everything from shooting, scripting, editing to setting up lighting etc, so you be well rounded. Should you have some equipment to offer for the shoot-that would be ideal. I ask that everyone give me a rough idea of what they expect financially per day. I realize the editing cost will be additional. Remember you will assist with everything from carry equipment to offering advice as to the best way to shoot a scene to maximize the quality of the overall production.

My style of shooting (I am not a expert) is lets have fun, think out of the box and get those creative juices flowing.

If things go well-I will have plenty of future shoots for the right individual.

I am more then happy to speak with you regarding my post(s). I can be reached at 888-380-9350 or Jordan@globalsecurityexperts.com

Thank you all for your consideration.

Jordan

PS. Please remember to review the website video links from my last posting.
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #205
Major Player

Need a Wedding Videographer in Toronto

We are looking for an upcoming or existing videographer with filming weddings. All equipment will be provided.

We have 3-4 dates this summer where we need second or primary videographer plus for long term for future weddings this and next year.

Please reply to this post or pm me if interested
Old May 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #206
Major Player

NEEDED: Audio/Grip in Baton Rouge, May 27-30

If someone is in the Baton Rouge area & available, we are shooting a tv pilot at Woman's Hospital May 27-30th and need a person for full days Thurs-Saturday. Basic audio and production support type role.

If interested, please send an email to Lauren: lauren@drawbridge.tv She can give more details.

Thanks!

Kevin
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #207
Tourist

Royalty free music and audio effects

Hi! My name is Sergio Schnitzler, I'm a musician and I perform music for video.

Please feel free to contact me and you may like to visit my portfolios where you will get clear sounds for a few bucks.

My portfolios:
At AudioJungle: yio's and other authors Portfolios
At iStockAudio: yio's and other authors Portfolios

I don't want to make spam, just to make myself known an let you know there is a place where you will find great legal tracks for just a few dollars.

Also you can sell licences of your Stock Footage, Motion Graphics, After Effects Projects and Loops: VideoHive

Last edited by Sergio Schnitzler; May 18th, 2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: error on BBCode
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #208
Regular Crew

Question

Would you happen to know if the positions are non paid or paid?

Thanks
Nicole
ccproductions803@gmail.com
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #209
Major Player

Paid position.

Please forward all questions to the producer: lauren@drawbridge.tv

Thanks.

Kevin
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #210
Regular Crew

Thanks

Email sent. Hopefully she gets back to me. I would love to do the project. I need as much work as possible.

Thanks
Nicole
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands